Womens Running

Taper Wednesdailies (Read 26 times)

Kilmisters

Four days till Amsterdam! Woo! Unless I wake up feeling like utter garbage on race morning, I've decided which pacer to hang on to. Tessa, I am leaving Saturday morning, back Sunday night, but I have taken whole next week off, so no issues w being half-dead on Monday morning. Going to Valmiera (city about 70 miles from Riga) on Wednesday to cheer for the team - we're taking part in EuroFloorballCup, will be facing Slovakian and Russian teams in the group stage. I am in the roster, so in case there's need for some powerplay and/or shoot-out presence, it's an option. (Can't believe I am saying this. But miniK's and said floorball setplays' specifics makes it possible).

Speaking of Mini-K, we've made the decision on middle name too, so the ''full one'' is not mini-K, but mini-KK Big grin Smile

Lizzie, please, direct your cool weather magic towards Amsterdam too. Forecast is currently at 78*F. NOT NICE. Are you still taper-dancing? Big grin

Sandy, shorts in those temps? Well, we had a game planned on Sunday, but it got cancelled (some issues w arena), so it changed the whole planned taper schedule and I got confused; apparently so confused that got lost (a bit) at the furthest point of the planned loop and ran 1.5 more miles than planned. Big grin

Karen, so ''by getting him thru 50k'' you mean managing his training process only, not running the thing too, right?

Sue, glad that hurricane Nate did no damage!

Damaris, great RR! That's an amazing post-surgery PR; I remember we got injured approx at the same time and observing your ''comeback'' has been really motivating!

Cathy, apple cider donut?? USA, you'll never cease to amaze me Big grin Math help from your co-worker? Is it some really tough stuff, or just checking general logic? We (analytics) are sitting near the marketing department, me being closest to them, so whenever they have an important math/excel f---up, there is a loud, nervous, squeaky whine (there's no other way to describe it) ''Eeeeeeliiinaaaa!'' How fast I get over there depends on desperation level in caller's voice Big grin Not complaining - I like new cases.

Diane, well, rain is not the worst thing that can happen. I'd say heat is much worse. Then again it's a Nordic person talking. Great "just keep moving" spirit! I'm sure you'll do great. Regardless of setbacks here and there, you've put in a lot of work!

Tessa, wow, 11hr difference confcall sounds tricky. Guarantees that at least one part of the participants will be sleepy/tired/both. Have you had any confcalls where some of the countries have to join during the night or is it always managed so that there is no need for that?

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

camille2

Elina, good luck in Amsterdam!  I'm glad you got you gloves/mittens. I'd also recommend mittens and it looks like you found a compromise.

Lizzie, I hope you have GOOD weather and a GREAT race in WI! The humidity/heat here have been awful for October. They're predicting a record high of 87 here today, but we're supposed to get a break next week. Woo-hoo on the speed work!

Judy, I can't have a garbage disposal here and have missed it!  We can't throw leftovers out for animals either.  Hsve a good golf game.

Diane, I  hope Pumpkin is a great race for you! It sounds like you're ready.

Cathy, I loved the DD gym run story.  She sounds so great!  There was one other thing I meant to comment on, but it's gone from my mind...

Laura, I missed the pic of son. I'll have to look for it.  It sounds like you are as busy as ever and as consistent, too!

Docket, great job on Chicago!!

Kat, congrats on Chicago!  It sounds like you're going to be fine in MCM.    Just keep going to P-o-Pot over and over till it's time to start. : )  I've done that.

Sandy, I tend to get hot running and wouldn't do shorts at 37.  You're a tough one! I'm a fan of capris.  You seem to be the go to moving person lately.  : )  I was lucky my DD had a great math department in HS and didn't need my help.  My math is long gone. That was an amazing race for you fast friend!

Karen, that's cool that you have  new client with talent!  67 miles...impressive!

Ginny, congrats on being champion!  How fun for you!

Tessa and Margaret, that's awful about the California fires.  I hope the smoke doesn't get too bad for you.

Lori, that sounds like a great Thanksgiving. I love have a ton of sweets leftover.  Nice intervals! I've often not posted because the personals take me a while.

AZtoMN trail, thanks for volunteering!  It looks like you have some nice races on the schedule.

Half crazy, nice intervals!!

Kathy, welcome!

Waves to every one else! Have a wonderful day!

I am in GA this week trying to get some health issues sorted out for my mom.  It's still dark here.  I'll miss the afternoon light, but will be glad when it's light earlier after the time change. I have been running some...45 min yesterday.  Today I'm plan to hike/run one of the trails near my mom. It'll be slow since I'll have to do it late when it's hot. I'm also getting my hair done.

At the risk of sounding like a doting grandmother (guilty), I have a cute RR story. I helped with 20 mo old GS in NC last week and we were "running" on the bike/walking path.  We met a woman walking and GS stops, looks at her and shouts, "Run!"  She said, "You want me to run?" He nods and again said, "Run!"   She explained she could only walk, but seemed charmed.  We decided we should put him at mi 25 of a marathon course.  

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Unscheduled rest day for me. Yes, you read that right. I will run in rain, wind, and snow but I have to draw the line at thunderstorms. I waited about 20 minutes even after I woke up but they weren't letting up. I guess missing a 4 mile run won't hurt?

This irks me because I was excited to say that I have completed this 16 weeks of training without EVER missing a run - and of course I miss one the last week! UGH. I may try and get out there tonight but it will be hard to get motivated in 76 dewpoint. We will see...I may just run 5-6 tomorrow and call it done. Tomorrow is my last run day because I always give myself 2 day rest before the race. When I told HCBF about it he said, "consider it a sign that your hamstring needs a break". He is probably right..it is still bothering me when I sit down or even walk regularly. I tried the sleeve last night and its just not going to work while running..so I am going to have to tape it. Or, HCBF will have too Smile I have good luck with tape on my Achilles tendonitis so hopefully it will do the same for my hamstring.

I don't understand why this is bothering me so much but it is. It has to be taper madness...

Run2trail – Wow, nice runs the past couple days and good for you for volunteering! I have never and I need to! Yes, HCBF is from WI. His entire family moved here when his dads job relocated him. I think he is worried that if something happens he won’t be close. The same goes for me..maybe one day. I would love to get out of this CRAPPY humidity.

Carol – Geez! Nice workouts!!! Aren’t your legs sore?!

Tessa – I did not know that about tums. I may carry some, too! Good for you for getting that treadmill run in at lunch. Glad you are finding time for yourself Smile

Run4kupcakes – Isn’t it awful out there?! Nice job on the miles! UGGHHHHH on the dishwasher!!! The new ones are nice though. Costco sounds like a good deal! Costco has good deals on everything - tires, too!

HuronHeart – Nice frustration miles yesterday! I may try that today…what could HCBF be up too? I don't want to jinx anything but I think a diamond is coming soon....

Kathryn – Sorry about the toe!!

Karen – Geez, you basically worked out all day yesterday. 70 miles?! Badass. Good luck on that long run today. Though I am sure it is going to be fun since the weather will be awesome!

Margaret – Stay safe!!!

Kilmisters – REALLY cool that you have the entire week off next week! Oh man…now you are teasing us with the middle name. I am crossing my fingers that Amsterdam weather takes a turn for the better. Is that the forecast for the start?

Camille – Good to hear from you! AWWW so cute of GS!! Yes! He needs to be part of crowd support on a marathon course Smile Too cute. I hope everything is okay with your mom. Sad Have fun getting your hair done!

Okay. Off to hopefully not kill anyone today. Happy Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh, MCM ladies - we are finally going to start cooling off tonight...our regular Fall weather will be returning in a week..so I have hopes that the weather will be good for the race!

OH Sandy, those sweaters you bought - are they super soft? I bought some from Old Navy over the weekend..I love them! I am going to pack them for the trip. Not like I will wear them now....I also got some work pants there that I LOVE..I like the skinny pixie pants for work..but these are like stretch. I feel like I am in sweats! 

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, good for you for NOT running in thunder. 

Tuesday I did a humid 45 minutes out the trail, dashed around on some errands, then went for 9 holes of golf. It was a tiring day, but the golf has been better since I am working on loosening up the hips with the stretches and yoga.

Today a run out the trail and then errands. Rain is clearing until later today. Yoga on the schedule as well.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Woohoo Wednesday!  Walked the dogs and did core.  Foot is really sore.  I was googling (dangerous to self diagnose via google, I know) and saw "plantar fibroma"--bingo!!  Ugh.  I don't want to stop running, but don't want to make it worse. First available appointment with the podiatrist is NOVEMBER 17!!! Sheesh!!

BF sailed yesterday.  I always look forward to him leaving so I can have some quiet time and then miss him terribly as soon as he leaves...sigh. I did sew and watch tv last night. They had a small kitchen fire on board last night--oven shorted out.  YIKES!!  Apparently they have more than one oven, so they are not returning. He'll be out for 10 days, unless they burn something else up.

Elina--MiniKK-- sweet! Good luck at Amsterdam!

Lizzie--thank you for not running in a thunderstorm--smart call

Ugh...better get busy

dhuffman63

Trails

Glad I'm not a morning runner or walker...it was 43 when I drove into work...sorry Lizzie...high is supposed to be 66.  It was pretty cold last night too.  I wanted to get in at least 4 maybe 5 but I had to take care of the horses since DH was working late.  By the time I got done I didn't feel like it.....they've installed the flooring at the small house so maybe end of month or perhaps first of Nov.

Lizzie, I've never run in the rain...just a light mist as most of the time here we get thunder and lightning with any rain. Maybe take the days before the race off to rest up the hammy.  You do not want to have a pull or tear after putting in all that work.

Elina, good luck at Amsterdam...you and mini-KK will be awesome I'm sure.

Sandy, nope on the shorts...capris at least and perhaps even tights.  I don't deal with cold well.  I've a blanket over my legs at work while everyone else is "warm".

Karen so glad the coaching is taking off.  Which 50k is he doing?  Depending on how Pumpkin goes I'm considering changing from the 25k at the Jack run to 50k.  they give a buckle for that...lol.

Camille-Cathy, we can't have a disposal either because we have a septic system.  It sucks but I've gotten so used to it I'm not sure what to do with one...lol.  GS sounds adorable!  He'd be great at the marathon cheering.

Kat, sometimes I just ignore the gotta pee if it's not too bad until I get done.  Then god help the person who gets in my way...lol.  You'll do fantastic at MCM.

Damaris, are you taking the week off between marathons?

Diana, I love volunteering at races just wish there were more that I could do so at.

Margaret, Tessa, stay safe with all those terrible fires.

Huron, bad runs are what make us tough.  I've had my share that's for sure.

I need to actually do some work today so I'll wave to everyone.  Have a good hump day.

Seloc

Lori – awesome workout yesterday!  I was supposed to do that 6x1mi today but opted out LOL.  My mom was called Oma!  She felt too young to be a grandma when the first one came along.  She wasn’t in years but looked much younger.

Lizzie – GOOD CALL on resting that hammie last night.  I saw you had a nice early start time for your marathon – I would LOVE that!  Yeah, I’ve never run a race with headphones.  I had read an article recently about how races have changed because SO many people do.  I really noticed that at Bis!  I couldn’t randomly talk to people because everyone had them in!  Yep, look around, chat with random people (not a full on convo, no way for this cat haha) and eavesdrop on others – that’s what I do.  SO STOKED for this race for you!!  So, when did HCBF live in WI (I think you said he did?).  And, yep, he is for SURE a celebrity with this crowd LOL  And to chime in on your question to Cathy – I use Gu.

Diana – wow, you sure have been staying busy and keeping up with some awesome workouts!!

Carol – yep!  MCM next weekend.  Had 5 weeks between – first time I’ve ever done that but feeling pretty decent.  OMG 10 sledding hills sounds TOUGH – wtg!!

Tessa – you are quite the speedster and been killing it on the dreadmill at lunch!  Yes – for SURE keep it up.  Work can wait.

HFK – nice run.  Sorry you are still dealing with humidity – NO FUN.  Ugh on having to unload dishwasher and then wash.  I have to agree – the older I get the more I’m willing to pay a professional to get the job done rather than save a few pennies to do it.  Faster and less hassle is worth it in my book!

HH – yep, Napa Ragnar.  I ran the one in WI/MN (Great River?) 7 years ago.  It was fun but had no intention of doing another.  But, the team needed another runner and this is Napa.  I’ve never been!  We are taking a few days after the race to enjoy the area and wine.  Though the fires may change that.

Kat – oh no on the toenail!

Karen – OMG your day yesterday sounds exhausting but fun!  LOL yep, you went the smart route and chose engineering instead of math.  Betcha got a job!  Funny about the CS advice – ah, yes, if anyone only knew.  Crazy to think of all the technology changes we have lived through!!

Gatsby! – OMG it would be super fun to meet up with you!  But, you are right, if the race goes forward, I fear there won’t be time.  We get in Thurs night, run Fri/Sat, Napa until Tues morning and then fly home.  But, if our hotel in Napa is not avail, then plans will change and I for SURE will keep you in the loop!!

Elina – next week off?  Ahhhhhhhh sounds lovely!  Especially with a race and floorball in the mix!  Awww can’t wait to see mini-KK and learn her name.  But, pretty sure she’ll always be mini-KK to us.  Ew on that heat for your half!  TAKE IT EASY in that, mama!!

Camille!  Good to see you!  That is an ADORABLE story about your GS!  I’d for sure run if he was cheering me on!  Ugh on your weather.  Slow is good in that heat.

Lizzie2 – awww, girl, deep breath and let it go.  ONE missed FOUR MILE RUN in the last, what? 16? Weeks? Is NOT going to matter in the LEAST!  Yep, I’m yelling at you haha.  HCBF is right – it’s a sign from your hamstring to rest.  So, Ms. Type A, consider this an exercise in maturity and LET IT GO.  Okay, stepping down.  Yesssssssssss you made my day with your weather forecast!  Let’s hope it’s true and at least the dewpoint stays manageable.  And, yes!  The ON sweaters are SUPER soft.  And pretty lightweight.  I almost hesitate to call them sweaters.  I really like them!  Glad you to, too!  Good idea to pack them for WI – pretty sure you will need them there!

Judy – I love how you “dash” around for errands haha

Sue – Oooh, I like Woohoo Wednesday.  Yikes on the foot!  I’ve never heard of plantar fibroma.  Will have to ask Dr. Google.  Is it something that comes on suddenly?  Yikes on BFs onboard kitchen fire.  Sounds scary!

Diane – exciting about the small house progress!  Laughing at 43 being too cold – I was in shorts again this morning in 39* haha  Oh, I’m freezing at work, too.  But I heat up pretty good when running – and the cooler temps make me run faster!  Win!

As for garbage disposal – I had one and NEVER used it.  I got rid of it with recent kitchen refresh.

Was planning on mile repeats this morning at the track but another friend showed up and wanted to do this one CrossFit workout called ‘baseline’ – 400m run (1 lap of track), 40 squats (below 90*), 30 situps, 20 pushups, 10 chest to ground burpees.  For time.  I hadn’t done it in a while and surprised it may have been my fastest ever.  It’s pretty fun.  Did some additional laps on the track plus ran there and back so probably another 4ish miles.  39* again this morning.  To me this is PERFECT marathon weather.  Crisp and no wind.  I did break down and turn the heat on last night – it was only 62* when I got home from work.  No plans tonight other than relax and watch Survivor – yep, I still like that show.  Happy Hump Day, peeps!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Today is not going to be a good day... I didn't sleep well and then lost one of my contact lenses.  I had an old backup pair and used that.  I have pretty bad eyes and I see worse in glasses.  Then got a call from the dermatologist and they want me to come in and remove "more" of the mole on my arm that I had removed last week, will require some stitches.  It's benign but they don't want it to develop into something worse.  The next appointment isn't until Nov 15 so it will be awhile!  Oh well.

Elina, are you going to tell us which pacer you will hang onto?    Mini-KK.  KK is what we call our youngest daughter.    I normally don't have to do math that is too complicated at work, luckily.  So usually it is just verifying logic with my co-worker or doing some big calculations without using a calculator.  Or mentioning my daughter's math homework.  Common core math is scary.    I mentioned a math puzzle that one of DD's had assigned, using four 4's and any operations create equations that equal every number from 0-20.  My co-worker then had to do it.  Took him a couple of days during his "free" time and he used the whiteboard in my office.  

Camille-Cathy, nothing wrong with being a doting grandma!    Cute story about the babe.  Nice that you are taking him "running" already!

Lizzie, sounds like the hamstring and the weather are good indications to rest today!  Missing the 4 mile run is nothing.  Compared to your total mileage over the training cycle, it is such a teeny tiny percentage.  You could round it down to 0.     Ask Sandy, aka Ms. Math.  She would agree.    The weather this morning is probably similar to what you will be running in... it was about 55, rainy, and windy.  Kinda miserable.    But the last time I ran it was almost 80 degrees and humid, so it seems freezing to me!  I guess it may seem that way to you also.    My fast co-worker was still undecided about doing the marathon this weekend.  His legs aren't quite recovered yet.  I use Gu when I run, salted caramel.  Because it has the consistency/taste that salted caramel actually has!    I've tried other things, but I don't like chewing when I run!

Sue, interesting self diagnosis!  That is a long time to wait for an appointment, and not knowing whether you should run.

Sandy, the early start is one reason my fast co-worker is not sure about doing the marathon this weekend.  He hates getting up early to run, though he gets to work by 7:00.    Even when it was hot, he would run after work at about 3:30.  Crazy.     That sounds like a good workout that you did this morning!  I also turned the heat on last night.  I call my co-worker Mr. Math.  I can call you Ms. Math.  

Hi to everyone!

Cathy

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I promise to cone back for personals later but I'm just so excited right now that I needed to share about my 5 mile run.  I just did any easy run on a route that I often use and it was my fastest in almost TWO years. Yes. I've had faster paces on this route BUT they were all speed work related or tempo. This was an easy run. I ran with a friend. It was piss pouring rain and windy. So ya. Im kinda stoked. 😁😁😁😁😁

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I was lazy last night and didn't run. 4-6 miles tonight.

Elina, sounds like a great weekend and week awaits.  Good luck!  Thanks! <3

Camille, hoping your mom is doing OK.

Lizzie, you can still run tonight.  Just saying...

Judy, enjoy the trail and yoga.

Susan, ugh, hoping you get it checked and confirmed whether it is that or not.  Enjoy some quiet time.

Diane, 43F sounds lovely for running.  No, not taking the day off. I have 3-4 runs this week before the race. Smile

Sandy, nice job on the cross fit workout.

Cathy, grrr.  Hope the rest of your day turns out better.

Bertha, awesome job on the 5!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

I promise to cone back for personals later but I'm just so excited right now that I needed to share about my 5 mile run.  I just did any easy run on a route that I often use and it was my fastest in almost TWO years. Yes. I've had faster paces on this route BUT they were all speed work related or tempo. This was an easy run. I ran with a friend. It was piss pouring rain and windy. So ya. Im kinda stoked. 😁😁😁😁😁

Lori that's fabulous...congrats!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning Ladies!!!

If it isn't one thing, it is another.  Out mowing the rather messy yard a few minutes ago, bent over to pull out a weed and got a WICKED knot in my hammy, shrieked and swore for about 10 min.  Feeling fine now, but woo boy howdy, did it ever hurt.  Toenail is MUCH improved this morning.  It is sore, but obviously it was the work shoes that really exacerbated it.  Figuring out a better option today I hope.  I hate running shoes outside of running.  And cut that nail down even more before MCM.  Slept MUCH better last night, not all cramped up.  Maybe try for a run/walk tomorrow before work.

COOL weather here yesterday and today.  MCM still is in the mid 70's.  Let the stalking/reporting commence!!!!

Elina, good luck in Amsterdam.  Neat city, at least when I was there 25 yrs ago!!

Camille, doting grandmother stories are always welcome!!!

Lizzie, it is definitely a sign to skip the run. The hay is in the barn, you will do great.  Doesn't look like there is runner tracking.  Sad

Judy, I bet your exercises to loosen up helps your game tremendously.

Sue, good luck with your foot.  Dr. Google is indeed a dangerous thing!  Bummer about the BF being gone, again.

Diane, there was no ignoring the pee.  I was ungodly uncomfortable and running was a huge challenge.  Walking was tolerable, but I wasn't going to do that for 1.5-2 miles until the aid station.

Sandy, 39???  Shorts??  You crazy man!  I am hoping for cooler temps indeed for MCM, but not THAT cold.  I would be bundled up in tights, LS shirt, gloves, jacket, and a hat.  Seriously.  I did that for NYCM (but in a skirt, dumb move) and was a popsicle at the end.

Cathy, sorry your day got off to a bad start.  Hopefully it will get better.

Lori, woot woot on the run!!  Always encouraging and fun when you get a fast one in.

Damaris, LAZY?  You ran 26.2 miles 2 days ago, rest up lady.  When is your next marathon??  I suppose I could look on the calendar...

Tessa, Revolution is about $15/dose, lasts 1 mo.  Very expensive when fostering, but effective if you can't get the mites resolved topically.

Hey, howdy, and waves to all to come!

Should get showered, hit the PO, and find FOOD.  Me So Hungry...

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Arimathea

Tessa

Elina, are you going for some kind of record for the shortest distance between playing at that level and delivering a baby? Glad you will not be sleeping over your keyboard on Monday.

Ask Lisa about cider mill donuts. And cider.  Any place they grow apples, really.

Yes, being a global company we do have some interesting conference calls. Most of us have had to set alarms, stay up late, or get up at an ungodly hour (and if I'm describing something as an ungodly hour it's REALLY bad) to get on calls. It's not unusual for me to phone London at 1 AM my time which is 9 AM theirs to talk about something and ask them to go get an answer and have it to me for my opening which is their "ooh, about time to go down to the pub" time.

Camille/Cathy, if you don't have time for personals, just wave and tell us what you're doing. No guilt! Everyone has busy days. I take it that with no garbage disposal (septic tank, right?), no putting food out for animals, and bears wandering by on a semi-regular basis, a compost bin would not be on the approved list either.

Hope you can get all the issues with your mum sorted out. Yes, bring DGS to the last mile of a race and have him shout encouragement at people!

Kat, Camille has a good suggestion. Get to race, get in line for portapotty. Exit portapot, get right back in line. Repeat until race starts. That way you won't have to join the end of a line with the race about to start.

Liz, as Lisa says, the hay is already in the barn. Missing the run won't hurt. And you don't want the hay to get struck by lightning! That is one condition in which you should not run. Hurricane force winds and large hail are also on that list.

Susan, not sure what plantar fibroma is and too lazy to Google, but hope you can get it cleared up. Some offices are booked way too far in advance! And laughing about the oven shorting out and minor fire but not considering that worthy of turning around. If they short out the other oven, guess it's a whole lot of fried foods until they get back home. I doubt the boys would complain overly much.

Diane, 43? Green with envy. Double that and you have our temps yesterday. I am not sure I could wait until I was done in some cases. I've stopped at a portapotty less than a mile from the finish line. But it usually wasn't because I needed to pee (sorry TMI).

Sandy, I've noticed that at races too. So many people are plugged in and can't hear anything. I liked being able to strike up conversations with strangers.

Hope you weren't staying at the Hilton in Napa Valley...

Cathy, sorry about the contact lens loss and the upcoming minor surgery.

For the equations, did she have to use all four 4s in each one or only as many as needed? So 4-(4/4) = 3, would that be OK? Presumably there is a solution for each one of the numbers. Are exponents legal?

Lori, congratulations on the fast run!

Damaris, I don't think you are lazy -- you just did a full three days ago!

Kat, mowing counts as cross training. So does shrieking! Sorry about the knot in your hammy. And thanks for the info on the critter treatment. You're right, I'm not likely to do that for foster kits!

Speaking of which, they didn't go back this morning. Lemondrop and Luby aren't quite 2 pounds yet and Lizzy has been sneezing, not sure if it's a cold or ash/smoke/dust, so we have them another week. They aren't worried. (However, they think this is permanent, they are in for a shock when they get popped in the carrier and returned to the clinic.)

2 miles this morning, I had a very long commute since I start a class tonight and had to position my car. I think I'll try a different approach next week and leave my car closer to work which means a bus ride after class but much less of a drive in the morning and evening.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Tessa, you need to use exactly four 4's in the equation.  Operators besides addition, subtraction, multiplication and division are legal. 

For the equations, did she have to use all four 4s in each one or only as many as needed? So 4-(4/4) = 3, would that be OK? Presumably there is a solution for each one of the numbers. Are exponents legal?