Womens Running

More Sleep WEEKENDS! (DAILIES) (Read 24 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ahhhh, I love Fall back! The darkness early sucks..but...it reminds me of holiday time!

HCBF won't let me put any Christmas decorations out.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5.6 easy miles for me! Heading to the gym in about an hour for a core class. New routine today so should be hard. LOL.

Last night I came home from work and HCBF was already home! Made my night. We weren't very exciting - we laid down to nap for 20 minutes but ended up napping 2 hours. LOL. I am glad he was home though. I needed him home a few nights next week due to some after hour work things I have to do...(big wigs in town..dinner..etc) - of course he CAN'T. He could really..he just has a hard time letting go of work crap. Irritating. ANYWHO - he did get word that his company MAY win a huge contract here in RVA..and if so..its his. So keep those fingers crossed!

I have a hair apt up north today. While I am up there I am going to grab lunch with my mom..hoping this weekend is lowkey!

1 WEEK UNTIL RACE DAY! I am not sure if I am ready to do it again LOL.

Cathy - Ah, so PF it is! You knew that but I am glad you went and got it checked out just to be sure! Did they give you any suggestions on things to do to help? At least you got the OK to still run short distances. Please tell me where your extra bone is - because I HAVE ONE TOO! Oh, and sometimes the elliptical I find makes things worse..but maybe thats because I go hard core on that machine LOL. I like Run4kupcakes idea on the PF assessment. 

Diane - I totally understand not wanting strangers in your house. We have firearms also, so HCBF would never let me have someone come over to walk the dog or take care of them haha. I think some of my friends would offer, though. Understand about the cages too..Ruger is good in the crate but I feel bad if he is in there for an extended period of time. Jasmine is a cute name!

Carol - Sounds like you had the perfect run yesterday Smile Yes, I have Richmond next week.

Susan - I hope all is OK with your fiancé ! Hope he is at home and resting.

Sandy - Hope you are having fun organizing over there. LOL. I thought about going to Old Navy today..but will probably just buy online. 50% off..means a crowd. LOL.

GOOD LUCK RACERS!!! WOOOOO!!!! Tessa, Karen, Lori, Damaris and Diana!!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Just a quickie as I sit here with my coffee before my fill in day.

Tessa, Antelope Canyon is sold out in the 50 mile and 55K.  Don't know if there is a waitlist or not.  The 100 mile  and half are the only things open....  if you are keen on one of those, let me know and we might be able to figure something out!

More later/catch up when I am back from work.  Ugh, work.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!

Today is my Birthday, I can not believe I am 50 years old!!  I am planning a few miles later this morning.

Ran 4 miles yesterday, then BF and I meet up with BRF and her hubs for dinner, it was  nice.  Today he and I are going to a movie and dinner.  I think we're going to see Bad Mom's Christmas ha ha!

Lizzie - nice 5.6.  Have 'fun' at the core class.  Hope you enjoy your low key weekend.  I really need to go and get my hair done, been way too long.  I am just too lazy ha ha.  Wow, only one more week till your marathon?  That did go fast!  Yes, we are watching TWD, I am liking it so far!

Kat - hope your work day isn't too bad and goes by quickly!

Cathy - glad you got a diagnosis and it's not a fracture.  I think you mentioned you've had PF before?  Hope it is feeling better soon.

Carol - oh yes, I knew that, I saw the pics on FB.  I would like to do that race some day.  I'm hoping to have some more time next fall since saturday soccer will not be on my schedule!

Kupcakes - great run!  It is going to be challenging getting in daylight runs for a while, such a bummer!

Tessa - the meeting wasn't too bad, thankfully.  Most of us had already enrolled on line so they just went over the insurance changes (not many) and then we had to turn in a payroll deduction form.

Diane - awww, the kitten sounds so cute!

Bikerchick1

Laura - Happy 50th to you!!!!!  Hope you and BF have a great day!  I saw on FB the decorating your workmates did for you...how sweet!

Lizzie - Enjoy your hair appointment and lunch with your mom!

Kat - Hope your fill in day goes smoothly and quickly.

Good luck to racers!!!

SRD for me.

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! Just 5 very slow, easy miles for me with my group. We have a new person signing up and she came today to decide if she'd really be able to do it, so I ran with her. She's excited and is going home to sign up for the group and the January half. Lots of excitement this morning in the group about their half marathon next weekend. And those that this is their goal race are going to keep running with us, and somebody else asked if we could keep running together sometimes after the program was over in January. Yay.

Then I stopped at the post office to drop off a package (DH is returning a car part and the post office close to where his group ride goes out of is only open from 9-11 on Saturdays, the one by my group run is open 8:30-noon), and now just relaxing before heading north about an hour to pick up my packet for tomorrow.

Laura, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hey, we're the same age now! Seriously, being 50 is fun. You don't look 50 so you can just drop your age in conversations and people are all "holy crap, no way are you 50!" And you can win all the age group awards. And you're old enough to know what you want and to know more than most people, yet young enough to do anything you want. It's just the right combination of attitude, confidence and ability. I like the movie choice, I had never seen the original Bad Moms movie, but coincidentally we watched it last night - I was cracking up.

Liz, fingers totally and completely crossed for HCBF on the job front. Nice easy run. We were all laughing at my half marathoners this morning talking about only running 6 miles and how that was nothing (they ran 12 last week and 11 the week before), because a few months ago, 6 was their scary "never run that far before" run.

Cathy, on the one hand I'm glad it's just PF like you thought, on the other hand, it sucks that you have PF. Mine seems to be keeping at bay, although I felt it after standing all night at that party last weekend. Lots of standing on hard surfaces makes mine hurt more than easy running. Just mentioning that as a reminder to you to make sure you're always wearing comfortable shoes and avoiding standing on concrete for hours and silly things like that.

Morning Kat, hope work doesn't suck too much.

Hi Carol, enjoy the rest day. <insert evil planning laugh>

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Laura, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! May your running streaks be endless and races - epic Smile DS and basketball tryouts? That is not the DS who's playing soccer, right? I am lost Smile Sporty family! Totally agree that snow is a lot better than endless rain. The only people who disagree w me at this point are those who still have summer tires Big grin

Lizzie, fingers crossed for HCBF's potential project! Nothing wrong w prolonged Friday eve nap, sounds like your week was supertough. Oh wow, one week and you're racing again.. Amazing! Any signs of taper madness or were the races too close to each other? Big grin

Tessa, yes, I've been warned about particular points on K timeline. Remember - MIL has 5 kids, so she doesn't lack experience.

Cathy, glad it's only PF, stress fracture would most probably take months... Extra bone? How does that even work? Reminds me of the hockey player who had ankle injury, played on in during play-offs and then had a bone removed from his ankle. Ugh.

HHK - what time does your workday end if up to this point you could still avoid dark runs?

The powernap ended up being 16hrs of sleep (oops!). Surprised K didn't intervene (or maybe DH just managed it well; haven't had a chance to ask; he left for his road game few minutes after I woke up - floorball season has started for guys as well). Another 10k run for me, it's become a habit. Funny how it was 48 degrees but felt so SO warm! Maybe because finally there was no rain or wind. Now I'm confused about what to wear for tomorrow's planned long run. Oh well.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Good morning!  I'm on the verge of getting sick, boo.  Must have picked up something while traveling.  May or may not go out for a few easy peasy miles today.  It rained overnight (yay!) but forecast says just cloudy today.  A friend is doing a 100 miler this weekend and his forecast calls for rain... all freakin'  day.  Because 100 miles in decent weather would be too easy.  

Happy birthday, LC! I will be joining you in the 50 club next year.  I hear it's THE place to be.  

Damaris, have fun today at Indy!

Tessa, Az2MnTrail, Karen, and Bertha -- hope your races go well tomorrow!

Lizzie, fingers and toes crossed for HCBF to get the contract closer to home.  I recently bought some tops at Old Navy... I think you and Seloc planted the ON seed in my mind!

Kat, wow Antelope Canyon sold out quickly.  Looks beautiful.  Hope work is tolerable.

Carol, enjoy your rest day.

CrazySue, hope your fiancé is doing well after his surgery.  Belated congrats on your engagement!

Turtles, it's good to have a diagnosis for the foot problem that doesn't require drastic measures.  But Karen said, it seems PF can be stubborn.  Sounds like you have a good treatment plan.  Good luck!

Karen, I love hearing about your running group's progress.  I still remember when my long run was to a specific turnaround on the path for a whopping 7.5 miles.

Kiilmisters, 16 hr powernap?!  That's an impressive amount of sleep.  How is your MIL's baby doing?  She's just a few months older than mini-K, right?

That's it for now.  BBL!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

dhuffman63

Trails

I'm cursed by the PC gods.  Tried to post earlier but it too disappeared.

Not sure I like the fall back Lizzie as I have to then drive home with the sun in my eyes but at least the drive in is lit so no unexpected deer encounters.  Hope the hair cut was good.

Happy Birthday Laura.  I'll be 54 in Dec if that's any consolation, and I still do stupid shit sometimes.  Like changing from a 25k to a 50k and looking at 50 milers for next year so I could maybe do a 100 when I turn 55.

Cathy sorry it's PF but glad no bone spur, that's what I ended up with.  Mostly I just suck it up and lately no pain so maybe it's doing better.

Margaret I remember how nervous I was before my first HM...I was convinced there was no way I could do it.  And now I've actually said to people, 50k isn't that far...it's just like a day hike.

I will shout out to everyone and say CONGRATS! to all the racers.  I know Damaris is done with her HM, not sure about anyone else.

I had to take Rivets in to get his back adjusted so just went to the library and WalMart after that.  I stopped and got some chicken nuggets and fries and that weird dog won't eat fries but was ok with the nuggets.

So off to spend the dreary day we have (foggy and misty and just ick) reading and relaxing.  Tomorrow I'm making potato soup.  Should be interesting.

ginnyb

working all day again this Saturday and it has been pretty slow.  I am unusually tired this afternoon, don't know why.  Still no run, but worked full body with trainer yesterday, another tough one, I think he is being harder on me lately.  Either that or I am getting weaker instead of stronger.

Happy Birthday Laura....I also think 50+ are the best years, wouldn't go back for anything...right now though 70 is looming and not sure how I am feeling about that.

Karen...it is so exciting about your running group.  I bet they all do excellent next weekend.

Lizzie...I like fall back too except for the darkness....gets to me by late winter.  Fingers crossed for HCBF getting closer to home.

Kat...I have been lazy with my running too, lost my mojo again.  We will get it back.

Cathy....sorry about the PF.  I am fortunate to have never suffered with that particular malady.  My daughter has it right now too.

Carol....how did you do at the Turtle run?  If you reported I must have missed it.

Hi to everyone that I missed.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  We had fun at Indy. Such perfect weather (41-45F and no sun just clouds) so it was perfect weather. Sad I wasn’t running the full in such nice weather but glad I wasn’t lol.  We ran 2:27 which is around 2 mins off his PR and I spent the last 11 miles trying to catch him he shoot off like a bat out of hell. Fortunately, I could catch him during his walk breaks. I think we were hauling ass at sub 10mm. We had a nice time.

Laura, Happy Birthday!

Good luck to our racers!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Karen - Your running group sounds so fun, you must be doing a great job keeping them motivated.  I, however, am SCARED...”of the evil planning laugh”...

Ginny - I am sure you are getting stronger, therefore trainer is getting tougher!  The Great Turtle was fun!  I never did see Lisa or Susan tho, I didn’t have my phone on the island, and think Lisa and Susan stayed in Lisa’s room, right up until race time.  I didn’t see her text until I was back in Mackinaw City AFTER the race.  It was hilly, and windy, and rained at the end.

Diane - We are having same kind of dreary day!  Enjoy your relaxing!

Kilmisters -Sounds your DH is a lot of help with MiniK!  That is great...teamwork!

Margaret - Hope you don’t get sick!  Can’t imagine raining for 100 miles!

Damarias - You and DH are amazing with all the races you do!  How fun!  Congratulations on another great race!

NRR - since I have semi-retired I have taken up making jewelry....I am having a blast.  Went to a new (to me) bead store for a class today!  So fun to have the time to do this!  Did get out for a walk this afternoon.

carol

Hey!  DF was finally released yesterday afternoon.  By the time we hit the road, he was hungry so we stopped for burgers Wink  Left arm is in a sling(to keep him from accidently dislodging the monitor lead) and he is to take it easy, but he was feeling pretty good today.

10K this morning in Mobile.  Sucked. I was really wiped out and hot (83?). Then picked up some groceries, cleaned, had awesome shrimp boil dinner.

DS2 is home for a funeral (one of his best friend's father passed this morning from cancer.  He was 60. DS2 worked for him for several summers.)  Sad. They are having a party to remember Mr. Clyde. We've known him a long time.

And---one of DS2's friends gave him a bout 5 lbs of nice shrimp. Boiled potatoes, corn, sausage in shrimp boil w lemon and onions and dumped the shrimp in.  oMG----really good!!

Turtles-- I have extra bones in my feet too. I've been taping my foot and it has really helped. PF is not bothering me, but still have that lump in my arch (fibroma??). I see the podiatrist Friday (finally).

A boy? He found a boy?  Wow.

Ugh....I have work to do this weekend since I was out two days for DF's surgery.  Sucks. Boss answered 3 emails I sent today. She is just sitting on her computer.  Jeez lady! It's Saturday. Watch some football or something.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles and strength training.

Kilmisters, I get off work at 4 and am usually home by 4:30. If I don't mess around, I can get out the door before 5 and can get in about 80-90 minutes before it is totally dark.

LCRuns, Happy Birthday!

Docket, glad you had a good time.

Lizzie, put the decorations up after Thanksgiving.

CrazySue, glad DF is home. Your boss just sounds miserable.

Arimathea

Tessa

Laura, happy birthday! 50 wasn't bad, hope you had a good one.

Kat, I knew the 50m was full, but the 55k must have only just closed -- I think they have a wait list so I might sign up for that.

Cathy, an extra bone in your foot?

Not thrilled about the time change but there's nothing I can do about it.

7.5 very easy miles this morning.