Womens Running

BACK TO WORK MONDAY DIVAS (Read 14 times)

SassySparky

Vacation is over Cry

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Did 13 miles with a 20 minute strong finish yesterday. Felt really good! This coming week I run 30 miles total for the first time and 14 miles for the first time. Woohoo!

NRR: Back to work, I'm so sad! I had such a nice week off with D and G. I just feel like I got to know G at his current developmental stage so well and now we go back to only seeing each other in the morning and evening. Plus I'm so relaxed right now! I haven't felt this relaxed and well-rested in a long time. Ok. I just need to put on my big girl panties and get ready for the day!

MA runner girl

Ha Sassy we literally started our posts at the exact same time! Read my post below, I basically feel that way EVERY monday. Ugh! Hugs! I'm glad you had a good vacation though.

RR: 5k on Saturday went way better than expected. Finished in 22:29, which is a 38 second PR!! How I pulled that off at 4 months PP I have NO idea. I felt awesome, my splits were 7:10, 7:19, 7:20, :40 (6:40 pace). Paced pretty well! My brother finished around 30... lol He ran the first mile faster than me, and then when I passed him shortly after I think he gave up as he was run walking and SIL, and a bunch of our friends beat him. I took yesterday off so I may run 4 easy tonight since tomorrow is supposed to be stormy.

NRR: Had a great weekend. I swear every monday comes and I have this depressed feeling. I just want to be home with my baby! Sigh. This is already my 6th week at work, and this feeling is not getting any better. It doesn't help that C is still waking up at 12 and 5am every day. Sorry for being such a whino.

NRR2: Had a fabulous time at Lucy's shower yesterday! Funny story though: It was about 90 min from me so I had to stop on the way and feed C. Well he chose that moment to have a blow out bigger than he's ever had ALL over my white shorts... Thank god I had some jeans in my car, but not exactly good shower attire!! I was so embarassed. Oh well! Joys of mommyhood Smile

NC - AWESOME job with your half and getting that sub 1:50!!!!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

OJewel

Hello ladies!

Sassy- glad you had a nice vacation, it's always tough to go back!

MA- huge congrats on your PR! You are speedy! And you looked great in that pic you posted. Glad you had fun at Lucy's shower and glad you had jeans with you!

RR- had a great 17 on Sunday, not so great 7.5 on Saturday. The 17 included a trail 5k which was a fun local race. Ending the week with 39.5 miles. Makes me wish I had gutted out another half mile on Saturday, lol. Oh well. today is rest.

NRR- yesterday I did a lot of house stuff I've been slacking on. Laundry, cleaning, organizing. I still have a long way to go but it's a start. Today is just work, and then matching up the socks I watched yesterday. Exciting!

NC- congrats on your sub 1:50 PR!!!! Awesome job!

POrun

Happy Monday!!!

RR: Raced a 5K on Saturday and even though it was 82 degrees and super humid (I guess that's an oxymoron considering this is FL), I dropped over a minute off my July 4th 5K to finish in 25:58. I'll take that! Next 5K is in October, so I'm hoping to drop another 1:30 or so off the next 5K. Did a bike time trial Saturday afternoon (painful after the race!), then yesterday did a swim, bike, run workout, then swam 1500 yds this morning. Tonight is running 4 with DH. I'm still working on getting back into decent shape... Hoping by winter time I'll be close to where I was a year ago at least.

NRR: Had a good weekend, but I am definitely exhausted! I went to sleep at 8:30 last night. Tonight I'll aim for 9:30 at the latest! Had dinner with a group of friends, pot luck style, last night.

NC: Way to go on destroying your half marathon PR!!!

Sassy: Welcome back! Great job on the 13 miles. Glad you had a nice week off work.

MA: Great job on the 5K and the PR!!! That's great!!!! Wow, blow outs don't sound fun at all! Glad you had fun at the shower!!!!

OJ: Great job on the 17!!! Good luck getting the house chores done too.

Have a great day ladies!!!

SassySparky

MA - Amazing job on your 5K PR! Yeah, Monday morning is just a sinking feeling every week and this is even worse! it gets better by the time I'm actually at work, though. So glad you had an extra pair of pants! We've been lucky (knock on wood) and never had a blow out.

NC - congrats on your PR and great job on the half!!

Jewel - Enjoy the rest, that's a lot of miles for one weekend! Great job Smile

PO - great job on your 5k, and your awesome tri workout! I am always surprised when I can hit goal paces on workouts when it's hot and humid like this (we had 82F and 90% humidity for my tempo run on Friday and I actually nailed it!).

All of your race reports are fun to read! I was just saying to Big D over the weekend that I feel like I need to run a race and reassess my training paces because - dare I say it? - they are feeling easy. Not sure when I can find a race to do that because my weekends are pretty booked with travel. I might just race my own 10K on a flat trail or something.

taylorma1

Sassy-how was Asheville. What all did you guys do there?

MA-that is such an awesome 5k time. Way to go lady! Too funny about C. Glad you had some backup jeans with you.

Jewel-great job on the 17. So cool that a 5k trail run was part of it. There are trails near me now, and I am so excited to try them out.

PO-nice job on the 5k. It's really tough to race in hot and humid conditions.

RR: 21! miles yesterday. Highest training run ever. It was tough though, Couldn't go under 10 minute miles. Today was 8 miles exploring my new town

NRR: all moved into Bloomington, IN. So excited about this place. I am already in love. So many things to do, so many things to see, so many places to run. I am a happy lady. Too bad DBF won't be moving here for 6-8 months, but at least he is visiting me for this coming week. so that will be nice. I start my classes tomorrow and am really excited. Taking Histology, Gross Anatomy, and Educational Methods. All sound like great classes to me.

SassySparky

Taylor - we went to Chimney Rock and visited a nature center/zoo, but mostly ate! it was  nice and relaxing! We got a little bored after 2 days but i think it would be great when G is older and we can do some more outdoor stuff, like hiking and zip lining. I'm glad the move went well! When is your marathon that you are training for? 21 miles is awesome for a training run! Wow!

taylorma1

Sassy-marathon is on September 28th

Klmcdona

Morning Ladies! So many impressive race times this weekend! Congrats MA, PO, Jewel and NC!

Sassy- sorry your vacation is over - coming back is always so hard. I always say I am going to hold onto that relaxed feeling of vacation, but it usually disappears about five mintes after I am back at work! Glad you guys had some quality time with G

MA- congrats on the PR! Such a great time especially so soon after C! Lucky you had a pair of jeans to change into for Lucy's shower! Glad you guys had fun

Jewel- sounds like you had a great weekend running wise! The 5k sounds great. Matching socks is my lease favorite part of laundry - in fact, I have delegated it to DH. It really is only fair, he "can't" fold clothes, so he gets stuck matching socks!

PO- great job on your 5K! It must feel so good to be making so much progress. I hate starting the week tired- hopefully you get some good sleep tonight

Taylor- great job on the 21 miles! I have a friend who is in Bloomington and LOVES it. She was acutally sure she was going to hate it and kind of wanted to because she wasn't happy about her situation, but she ended up being so happy there. I see some of her pics and it really is beautiful!

I am sure I missed some of you since these personals have taken me forever to write!!

RR- had a great 8 yesterday. I was not feeling it at all and thought I would get through 6 max before quitting, but once I got past 4 I felt like I could run forever! Today will be an easy 3 recovery

NRR- Dh and I had a great, lazy weekend. I made a bunch of really good lunches and dinners and have been enjoying taking the time to cook. I love cooking, but lately I have been so busy that I kind of have been rushing through it. It makes such a difference to take the time and enjoy it - I guess like all things!

I will try and pop in later for some more personals

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 7 road miles this morning. It's kind of smoky here and I could feel it just a bit in my lungs, or else I was tired, or both. Not sure if I'm going to yoga tonight or night. I'm experimenting with switching my schedule around some. We'll see.

NRR: Had a good time this weekend, but didn't do any work (probably why it was fun) so now I feel a little behind the 8 ball on this one project. I was dreaming about it this morning. Working from home today in part because I haven't been here in forever, plus I need to do laundry and I haven't gotten around to it yet. Working in pajamas is the best!

MA and NC - Congrats on your PRs this weekend!! You ladies make me think maybe I should do speedwork!

Sassy - I think you're feeling the same way everyone feels on Monday mornings. :P

Jewel - When is your marathon?

PO - Great job on your workouts!

Taylor - Good luck on your first day of school!

KLM - Ooh, cooking is so much fun. I like Sundays in the winter, when I spend several hours in the kitchen.

lizo_77

Hi ladies!

on the road back to Pierre now for a meeting. Weekend was good except that I worked almost the whole weekend.

RR: M and I went for a four mile walk yesterday. It was so nice out. And my foot didn't act up so I'll take it! Haven't run since last Wednesday .  Going to try for a 2 miler tomorrow.

NRR: traveling for work today then home tonight to clean the downstairs bathroom. It's kind of icky right now. Smile might do a bit more work tonight after dinner. Still waiting on interview results and in the meantime, my company just offered me a raise and promotion. Lol. I think they were sensing "leaving" vibes from me. Not completely convinced yet. We'll see. Benefits with the other company I'm considering are better. M and I had a long talk about the pros and cons of each job yesterday on our walk. And we talked a lot about having a baby and all the financial and healthcare preparation we need to do in advance.

sassy: welcome home and sorry you have to be back from vacay! Way to go on your 13!

MA: congrats on the pr! That's an awesome time!

OJ: way to go on the cleaning, organizing, etc you did over the weekend! I need to get those productive vibes from you.

po: way to go on your race! You rock girl!

taylor: I totally missed it! You moved to bloomington! My host family mom and dad live there and we're there pretty much every year for Christmas or the Indy half!  Way to go on your LR!

dona: yay for a lazy weekend for you!

Better go. About to the Pierre highway turnoff point! Have a good day ladies!

lizo_77

Outwest: way to go on those 7! Concept of working in pjs - heaven.

outwestrunner

Good thing I'm wearing pajamas. I just tilted my tea cup back too far and dribbled tea all over myself. Black eye

NorCal

Morning ladies!

Wow thank you all for the congrats on my race this weekend. You're the best! Smile I was really surprised that I ran that pace. The course was a little long 13.25 so my actual pace was 8:13. Sweet! I didn't really keep to my pacing plan, as always, but did fine except a couple of slow miles in the middle. Passed a ton of people the last few miles and finished super strong! I totally forgot to drink ANY water before and was really dehydrated instantly. So I had to take aid station water every couple miles just to keep my stomach from cramping. I think if I hydrated better, I could have ran a little faster. But I was so happy with my time! My group did great too! DH ran a 1:30 (his first competitive half!), J ran 1:26, C ran 1:44, and several others had big PRs (from over 2 hrs to 1:55). So a great day all around! Afterwards, we did wine tasting at the vineyard that hosted the race, then went to lunch at a brewery, where we had beer. I literally passed out when we got home for several hours! lol. I only slept about 2 hours the night before, so I slept like a ROCK last night!

RR. REST DAY! (Sassy, this will mean NO hiking and NO squats!)

NRR. Off work today, but checking out a new massage office this afternoon. Hope it works out as it's half the price, which would be great!

Personals in a bit! Breakfast is ready! Smile

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34