Womens Running

Pumpin' the Caffeine WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I need an IV drip of caffeine.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

12.23 speed work miles for me this morning. I did 3x 2mi fast with .35 rest. GLAD THAT IS OVER.

Pretty good run considering I was exhausted. I did intervals by feel instead of pace..I was hanging around mid to low 9's. It seemed hard..I can tell thats the increased miles talking. Last week I was in mid 9's and it seemed easy! The run went by fast and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I remember doing that workout in the dead of Summer and it was awful. It was nice today Smile Temps were in the high 30's! Perfect.

I am beat. Waking up at a time that starts with 3 for three days in a row has hit me hard today. Add in 2 doubles and increased miles..ahhhh. Looking forward to resting. Going to take a nice long epsom bath when I get home and then do some foam rolling (I even did some last night! Pat on the back for me haha). In the meantime I am going to do my best not to fall asleep at my desk today. Smile

Sandy – OMG you got so much snow!! Don’t hate me…but its pretty to me LOL. I am sorry!! I don’t get it all the time though. If I were in your shoes I would be tired of it too. I don’t know how you run in that even in trax haha. How were the roads today? Are you WFH still? Will you still WFH Friday?  Your neighborhood is cute Smile I always said if I bought something while I was single I would move into a place like that. I can’t wait to see it in person! So you have been to Cooper Hen?? Their menu looks awesome!! I mean, boozy cakes?! Mason jar cakes?! Lobster loaded farmer fries?!  It looks like a lot of good restaurants. I will have to take HCBF to some when we go there for Twin Cities Smile I saw Cooper Hen had mac and cheese burger..thats all he would need to hear Smile

Diane – I agree on going to a class. That is me with any strength training. Its better if I go to a class because then I am forced haha.

I am already looking forward to leftover birthday cake Friday after my LR. I should have pulled some out for today (its frozen) - I feel like I could eat an entire kitchen.

Happy Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Good Morning!

2.5 TM and an upper body workout.

Lizzie - Nice speedwork!!!  I want to take a nap today ,too.  Let's just close our doors this afternoon.... LOL!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 with 2 @ MP and weights tonight.  Although my shoulders are so sore from the weights and then from the floor work, sigh.

Ran 6 outside last night, over my objections.  It was 70 dewpoint and close to 80F.  My coughing lungs didn't like it and my hair now looks like it belongs to a poodle.  Thanks, husband.  TM shall be tonight.

Lizzie, nice job on the 12.  Cake?  YOU HAVE LEFTOVER CAKE? WTF.  WHO ARE YOU?

Laura, nice run and ST.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

4 this morning.  I was really out of gas.  And my hip hurts. Sad I need a foam roller in my office!!! I usually try not to run several day sin a row, but lately my coach has me running T-Th, and LR on Sunday.  Giving it a try.  Ouch.  Will see how tomorrow goes.

Lizzie--you are a machine!! I'm with you on the caffeine.  I just want to sit at my desk and drink coffee, but I've already started my first set of samples. Today is the last day in the lab. Yay. I've had a really good week without the crazy co-worker.  She was a stinker yesterday, but in trying to stir up trouble she actually made herself look quite childish. Smile

Better get hopping!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Sue. I just can't understand people like that...what is wrong with them and their life that they feel the need to act that way?

Sorry Sandy you can keep the snow.  Growing up in NH I love it as a kid but as an adult it's a PITA.

Lizzie, nice speedwork.

I'm still a bit sore (hamstrings and abs) but still going to class tonight. They have Powerflow Yoga on Tue and Thu at 5:30 am and if they off it next month I may do that.  I'm also considering doing doubles....up early for 30 min on TM and then class on Mon & Wed and keep my Tue, Thur, Sat and Sun TM (or road when it's warmer)....ah the first world dilemma of how to work out.

Karen are you feeling better?  My flu lasted a week...with 2 days of OMG I wish I would die headache and fever.

Damaris I think this year everyone in the US will get the flu...DH had it a week before me and he never gets sick.

Oh Laura a nap sounds excellent.

Hi to everyone.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday turned out to be my best run this week. I ran out to the Evil Hill. (It was glad to see me.) Up and down went great and there was no pain in the knee going down. The exercise of squeezing the ball with my legs worked to stop the downhill pain. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!  

Today I may have to run inside although I am loathe to do so.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Lizzie – wow, girl awesome just AWESOME workout this morning!  2mi tempos are no joke.  You are so incredibly disciplined – I need to take a page from your book!  I think I have heard of Copper Hen but haven’t been.  I want to try to get there before May to make sure it’s okay haha.  Well, I guess you can think the snow is pretty.  But, it is making ME QUITE grumpy.  Back in the office today but already annoyed at DBSG who is extra stinky.  Yes, I will still WFH on Friday – I’m getting a new furnace.

Laura – nice TM miles!  Hope work goes quickly for you and you get some positive news soon!

Damaris – ugh on your WEATHER – that must have been quite the steamy run.  Have a great 8 tonight!!

Sue – oh oh take care of that hip!  Hee hee – need to chuckle at your silly coworker making herself look bad!

Diane – have fun at class tonight.

Judy – that’s awesome that your exercises have helped your knee!

TURD for me.  Had plans but everyone bailed so I did, too.  Didn’t feel like dodging cars in 8*.  Highways are completely clear and dry but secondary roads are sketchy.  Fine to drive on but, not much room to share with a car.  Marathon training is supposed to officially start on Sunday.  If this is the last of the snow for the year I can deal.  Ha!  Chances of that are slim.  Whiny Wednesday for me.  Blerg.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

It was nice to have the day off yesterday, but I did not want to come to work today.    Started the day yesterday by shovelling the driveway for an hour.  When I went to bed Monday night we had a rainstorm, complete with thunder and lightning.  It turned into snow overnight, so it was about 3 inches of snow on top of water and slush.  Super heavy, it was quite a workout!  We have a snowblower, I just don't like to use it.    Then the temps continued dropping so it is super icy out there.  I will have to wear Yaktrax when we go to walk the dogs!  The closet hanger trick: most people have all their hangers facing the same way.  You turn them all around, then as you wear the clothes you hang them back the "right way".  You can then easily see what you wear and what you don't wear.  Then when it's time to purge, it's easy to see what should go!    For me, it will help me to consider the clothes that I normally don't wear instead of reaching for my favorites all the time.  

Lizzie, awesome running lately.  Like usual.  You are super consistent.  Ha, I always do intervals by feel.     And nice job in that wind.  I would probably have opted for the TM.     Our 5K should be OK this weekend, maybe in the upper teens.  Much better than the last one.    This should be the last really cold one, Feb and Mar tend to warm up!

Laura, nap sounds good.    Sounds like you have our weather!

Damaris, that 6 miles outside sounds like it was torture!  Yeah, the difference in climate in the US is pretty amazing.  

Judy, nice hill running!

Sandy, those are some awesome snow pics.    It's been awhile since we've had that much snow.  See, it is better here, you should definitely consider moving.     DD was out making snow angels.  I can't believe you shoveled that!      DH was nice enough to go and snowblow his parents' driveway before work.  Left ours for me.    That's OK, his parents driveway is about 3 times longer than ours!

Diane, the cardio kickboxing sounds interesting.  I like kickboxing.  Are they going to work in some actual kickboxing?  Or cardio?  

Karen, glad you are feeling better!

Kat, hmmm, tough decision.  Schedule flexibility and free time is such a big plus.  Especially if work is not your life.   Nice that you will see Lisa and Karen!

Waves to everyone!

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Cathy I hope they do but considering how sore I was yesterday and the bit I am still today there are definitely areas that are not getting worked out in my current process.

ginnyb

Sandy....our snow is completely gone right now, but like you, I know it will return.

Liz...wow, quite a run this morning young lady!  Good for you.  I need that caffeine drip to be diet coke instead of coffee.

Diane...glad you are enjoying the class.  Hope you are wrong about the flu because, so far, I have eluded it.

Sue...why does everyone have to have a crazy co-worker?  We have one also.  Hang in there and hope the hip stops being ouchy.

Our team won last night!!!  It happens so rarely that it was very exciting.  Much more nerve wracking to be watching a close game when they are winning than to watch them being blown out, which is how it usually is.

Upper body with trainer this morning, much prefer upper body to legs!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Seloc

Damaris!  I just saw that it's Fiona the Hippos 1st Birthday today!  

Docket_Rocket

Damaris!  I just saw that it's Fiona the Hippos 1st Birthday today!  

I saw!  I <3 her! I'm like I want to take her home, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, great run!  You wear me out just thinking about it.

Hi Laura!

Damaris, poodle head, hah!  Have good workout tonight.

Sue, sorry your sore and out of gas - my normal.

Diane, keep at the classes!!

Judy, nice you had such a great run yesterday.  Bummer about the TM today.

Sandy, oh Sandy...  Did you watch This is Us????  I admit to wiping the tear from my eye a few times.  WATCH IT if you didn't already! We have to wait till Feb 4th for the next episode.  And that was a shit ton (actual official measurement term) of snow.  I'm with Lizzie though, pretty for now.

Cathy, work is definitely NOT my life.

Karen, how are you feeling???

I should get moving, my house is a disaster and I have the dog sitter/letter outer coming for the weekend.  Have to leave early for work to hit the PO.

I am going to do the 2 fill in days at the clinic, but am pretty sure I am going to stay put where I am.  Between surgery and the rigidity of time off, I think both sides will be unhappy in the long run.

Excited for the weekend in Houston, fun to get away, see Karen again, and to meet Lisa.  I have some yummy beer for the two of us, I hope we get time to drink it!  Also excited I have an extra day off, though I do have to work Sunday, blech.

Happy humping all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat I think I'm going to have to based on that I think I want to do event wise this year.  My next 50k is March 24th and I do NOT want a repeat of the back pain.  I need to practice with my poles too so I really want to get outside again.  Maybe Sunday   You will have fun with Lisa and Karen.  Good luck to you all.