judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Do your best to have fun today. 

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday was my usual 35 minute run on the track. I’m using the deep breathing and it is becoming a habit. The creepy man was absent. Thank heaven.

Track run today and hopefully some grocery time and errands as well.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Heading into court so not much time to check in later and in case there is eye candy.... 

I have Pilates tonight, and maybe another 2-3 miler on the TM.

Judy, enjoy the track workout and errands.  I cannot wait to sleep in this weekend.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Judy - Glad the creepy guy wasn't there today!

Damarias - Hope all goes well in court.  Enjoy sleeping in tomorrow.

Hi to all!

Had a great bike/run last night.  Did 18 miles bike then off the bike and did 4 /12 miles.  I almost didn't go, was tired and have a head cold, but decided to just go bike at  least and not run, funny how exercise makes you feel better.  Sill have the head cold, but it didn't bother me on the bike or run.

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Damaris I will just say it is a direct flight from Miami to Chatleston so if you want to do the Charleston marathon.....

Lisa I'd love to come to Chicago but don't think I can

Tessa i couldn't see the head so couldnt tell if copperhead. Definitely not a water moccasin. I still think it was a ribbon snake.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Damaris I will just say it is a direct flight from Miami to Chatleston so if you want to do the Charleston marathon.....

Lisa I'd love to come to Chicago but don't think I can

Tessa i couldn't see the head so couldnt tell if copperhead. Definitely not a water moccasin. I still think it was a ribbon snake.

I have January taken, though.  That's where it's held, no?  But, it's on the list.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me.

Damaris yes. It is MLK weekend.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

I did something very unlike me and got up at 5 a.m. to run. 6 miles done. I have Pilates after work and I couldn't figure out how to fit in that and a 6 mile run and make dinner before 9 or 10 p.m. Almost as shocking was that I was actually able to run my 10 w/ 6 at MP last night and the 6 actually averaged out to marathon pace! I had planned on just running easy, but my second mile was right around 9 min/mile, so I figured I'd speed up a bit and see how many I could do. The last one I was wheezing and gasping for breath, and I had to stop for a couple minutes before I ran the last two miles home, but I did it.

Judy, glad creepy guy was not there. Never thought about a future with old creepy guys at the gym ogling women and socializing. I hope that's not in my future, but chances are it will be. Yuck.

Hi Damaris, I'm all out of eye candy. Funny thing was the picture that they used from registration was a picture from the race last year where I was running with him, so every time someone I knew signed up and put it on facebook, the picture of me and him would show up. Nice to see him, not so nice to see me next to him...

Carol, great workout. Glad you forced yourself out there. I almost always feel better after a workout, but even knowing that that doesn't make it easy to start when you're feeling crappy.

Marjorie, it's good to see you back to your double digit runs.

Lisa, I'll be house hunting while you're in Chicago. Can't believe I'm leaving for that trip two weeks from today.

Tessa, no wine? That is serious! I need to drop a few pounds, but I haven't been able to do "no ice cream at night" yet.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, yes, no wine or peanuts or chocolate. Those are three of my big calorie vices. However, I admit I had rum raisin ice cream after dinner last night...

good for you for getting up to run early!

Judy, I repeat what I said on runango...drop your gym bag on creepy guy's foot. And it would be such a shame if you happened to have something heavy in it.

Damaris, how far out do you schedule your races?

Marjorie, is Quincy scared of all snakes?

Carol, glad you had a good brick. Now give the brick to Judy so she can put it in her gym bag...

Woke up late but did manage to get out for 2.3. Working but leaving a bit early to pick up equipment for tomorrow's orange pick. Then tomorrow afternoon DD, DS, and I are going to Orange County to see DH's sister. This will be the first time we have seen any of DH's family since 2003. He didn't want anything to do with them because he felt they didn't respect him (respect has to be earned, he confused affectionate teasing with disrespect, and in any case your family is probably the least likely to respect you since they know you too well!) and he didn't want me to contact them. DD reached out to SIL and she wants to meet with us, they have not told MIL who is 93 and has good and bad memory days that DH is dead. I will leave it up to them to decide what to tell her and when.

Docket_Rocket

I have races all the way through April planned.  Strike that, SF is in July and that's penciled out.  LOL.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa no idea on Quincy. First snake he has ever seen. He reacted the same way our first Basset did the first time he saw a snake. Maybe it is the breed. Dud the same exact thing. Was weird to see it as Grimmy, our first Basset did the same thing but it was 14 years ago!

Marjorie

camille2

Good morning!

Tessa, I have good news!  My insurance issues have been worked out.  I transferred all the State Farm policies to  an Anchorage agent from Fairbanks. After they went over them, they discovered my homeowner's actually already had the "endorsement" for renting it on the policy. I knew I'd told them. The agent in Fairbanks retired last year and his office has a bunch of new people and no agent  until Sept-it's been a mess. I was surprised to learn that  there are few companies that will cover two places if they are in different states or a place that is both a rental and lived in. Luckily, State Farm does.  Thanks so much for the offer of assistance.

I hope the visit with DH's sister works out.

Demaris, even thought it's prob politically incorrect, I tried to post some  eye candy for you, but too many pics came up with the link.  Let's just say there is a is a reason so many people go to watch Mt. Marathon.

Marjorie, nice run.

Karen, woo-hoo on getting up early!

Carol, that's an impressive workout, esp with a cold. Hope you feel better.

The hike/walk yesterday afternoon was nice, but  was thru the woods, so the mosquitoes were out in force.  They did make us keep the pace up.: )  I have a bit more business to attend to and the garden to water, then I'm going to do an easy bike ride.

Docket_Rocket

Camille, too hard to choose from all the pics? 

Pilates and 3 miles done.  First time running outside in three weeks.  Stupidly hot and humid.

Damaris

Fundraising Page