Womens Running

Is This Really Thursday? (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Joking Confused

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday I did 45 minutes of cardio DVD, 15 of which were actual running in place. After supper I found two small floor lights that make great plant lights for my tiny apartment garden. It is shaping up nicely. The plants seem very happy. Smile

Today will be a track run, possibly with Fast Buddy, then cardio DVD.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Your apartment garden will be so fun for you this winter!

Karen - Congratulations!!!!

Tessa - Will be thinking of you today and hoping all goes smoothly....

Crazysue - Warning - personal:  Did your doc tell you to use a hemorrhoid suppository...just thinking if there is an internal hemorrohoid that will reduce the swelling, thus stop the bleeding....

Lisa - Shaking my head (in a negative way) re:  your knee....can't imagine your frustration. Booooo.

Thanks for the input on my LR....I most likely will NOT push for the full 20, figure it is better to get fully recovered, and go for a nice LR next week-end.

No running last night...more wedding stuff.....will get out tonight.

Carol

I should know better...period started today... NOTE TO SELF: never take anything seriously week before or week of, do not sign up for races, do not sign any contracts, do not file for divorce, do not cry in PT office and attempt to switch doctors. Sheesh. When period started this morning I realize... ah! and there is part of why I reacted so strongly. Still frustrated, still disappointed, still depressed just able to hold it together better. Thanks for riding the Lisa wave. Groan.

Women's Mentoring welcome group tonight at Florine Marks house ... wonder what food will be there. I was invited to join group.  Mentoring high school girls.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 miles this am. Now at first place to train

Karen congrats on the job

Lisa. It is okay to cry.

I will be back. Didn't read everything from yesterday. Just glanced. The dad thing is really getting to me.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa where on the pelvis?  Backside or on the side. Most pelvic stress fx have more groin pain. From al, the climbing and stresses it could be a pinched nerve referring pain. Hence no palpable soreness.

Carol I agree with not pushing the 20 miles. You've done plenty before and already have one. You'll be fine

Lisa you will be a great mentor!

Dad goes home today. He is back on his bipolar meds so that is good. He hasn't taken them for several years apparently. Hmmm think that could be an issue???  <sarcasm>.>  Trying to talk to his wife is hard. There is so much she doesn't know or understand. And she keeps saying She doesn't understand all his meds/doctor appointments and pain And why he has the pain patch (peripheral neuropathies and joint problems) etc. it really is not up to me to go through his full medical history. It is pretty extensive. Sigh.

Marjorie

annieSusan

Morning, all!

i have been out of touch, on a trip to Calgary and then to Glacier, Montana with DH. It was very nice. Had a couple of nice runs along the Bow River in Calgary, and some beautiful hikes in Glacier with DH. We finished off the time with two days in Banff, and decided that is a place we would like to return to someday, when we have time to do more hiking there.

Tried to skim back a few days to see what is happening with everyone, but I wasn't too successful.

Karen, congrats on the cool new job!

Marjorie, sorry about the situation with your dad.

Tessa, hope things go as well as possible with getting your DH home and settled in todaundersea your frustration with your knee is certainly understandable.

Hi to everyone else!

annieSusan

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Thank you for the kind words, really appreciated.  Regional boss is here this week so I've been swamped with meetings and stuff.  Did 3 miles with hubby yesterday and I have 9 miles tonight.

Karen, congratulations on a great interview.  Hope you hear from them soon.  I hate those types of questions.

Tessa, I am glad to hear husband is coming home and that he is glad he is.  Sorry about the pelvis pain.  I hope it is not an SFx.

judyruns, nice cardio workouts.  Hope your fast buddy does not kill you with speed!

Carol, on the LR, sounds like a plan.

Lisa, I feel the same way about TTOM and the races or important workouts.  Hope it passes soon.

Marjorie, glad to hear dad is coming home.  Maybe sit down with his wife and explain as much as you can?  Otherwise, she should either ask him or go to the doctor with him.  Sheesh.

Annie, nice trip.

Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

15 miles this morning. I'm going to miss being able to do that midweek. The new boss called my references (and two of them emailed me and told me that it sounded like she really liked me), then made the offer official, and I accepted. I start October 14. The day after Mohawk Hudson, so hopefully that first day on the job isn't super intense!

Tessa, hoping things are going okay for you today. Is it wrong that I'm already wondering how long it will be until he's back in the hospital for some reason? I'm sorry for all you're going through. Hope the butt/pelvis pain is going away at least.

Lisa, stupid knee! Wish I had more for you, but right now that's all I've got.

Marjorie, at least he's back on the meds. If he's been off for several years, no wonder you've had to deal with so many of his money issues and quick/strange decisions. Hope things get better.

annieSusan, good to see you! That sounds like a beautiful trip.

Judy, the thought of your apartment garden makes me smile.

Damaris, hope the 9 goes well tonight! Any weather relief in sight for you?

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel