Womens Running

To Work, To Work (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Women are always working at something. Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I threw caution to the winds and ran an hour on the track. Coach ran some with me. It was good to touch base with several friends again. The injured are improving. Smile

Today should be back to the usual routine of track run and cardio.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Hi Judy - nice track run.  Enjoy today's workout!

Fusion class last night.  No run this morning, will do 3-4 after work.

Had a nice 6 mile run this morning with another gal from the running group.  It is shrinking...4 regulars.  Some days I am the only regular....but it is nice to have someone to run with and two of them are pretty regular runners too.

Hi Judy--great track run.

Karen--my friends and I are also planning for retirement...I still have 10 years though.

Have a great day!

Arimathea

Tessa

At my Tuesday workplace...my kitchen table. I have plenty to do both for my regular job and for teaching as well as home duties.

But I did get in 4 with RN and then another 2.5 by myself this morning. That's probably it for running for the day.

Retirement? I'm 50 and will likely be working at least 20 more years, God willing.

Susan, where are the other members of your running group? Injured or just not able to get there at that time?

Laura, you do seem to be enjoying Fusion, good for you.

Judy, your runs make me smile.

I'm squeezing in a haircut today. Long overdue.

Happy runs!

Hey Tessa--I actually have two running groups now.  The Gator Baits -- we ride Saturdays and run Sunday mornings.  They are the gals I train and travel with.

A few months ago about 10 people were running in Pascagoula at Beach Park on Tuesday and Thursday morning, so on the week days I run 3 miles with them (plus 1.5 miles to the park and return home, = 6 miles).  IDK what happened to the rest of the T-Th group.  There are 3-4 of us in the T-Th group that are pretty regular runners, and I have only had to run by myself twice in the past few months.  Better than running alone all the time.

Have a great day!

ginnyb

Worked out with the trainer this morning.  Felt great as always.  Heavy on the legwork and corework today.  I really enjoy how he mixes it up, you are working the same muscles, but with a different activity, keeps it from getting boring.   I have to go out for a run tomorrow morning, I just have to make myself.

Tessa... me too about retirement, I will be 64 on thursday and I would love to retire, but we really cant' swing it financially, some reasons because of our own stupidity and other just the way things are today.

judy...nice track running

LC...what is fusion?

Work has been awful today and yesterday, ready to tear my hair out and run screaming from the building

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi everyone.  6.8 miles for me today.  Still not pushing.  Taped the hip and that helped.  I wish it was all 100% but not exactly.  At least I didn't have any crunchy feel when I did the graston to it this am.  That is an improvement as the tissue is better.

DH got called in a midnight and of course the pups were awakened.  Since he didn't let them out before he left I had two dogs jumping at me wanting me to get up and let them out.  Sigh.

Karen nothing wrong with talking on retirement.  I have no plans yet.  DH is counting the years as he can take an early retirement because of what he does.

Hi Tessa, nice running. I'm with you working until I'm 70

Glad you got a good work out in Ginny!

Marjorie

LC Runs

Hi Sue - great 6 mile run!

Tessa - busy day!  Enjoy the haircut, I need mine shaped up though I'm growing it out ---againn!

Ginny - I have never worked with a trainer, though I would like to try it sometime.  Fusion is a circuit class - 30 second weights/30 second cardio repeated 3 times per circuit (for example, 30 sec squats, 30 sec jogging in place repeated 3 times) - 10-12 circuits then finish with planks and ab work.  It's a great workout.  I use 10# weights though I'd like to move up to 12# (you can use whatever weight or none if you're a beginner).

Marjorie - me too, I'll probably never be able to retire, unless I win the lottery lol

Anonymous Guest

Hi guys,

Still trying to adjust to this working and commuting thing. I was so tired this morning. Busy all day at work, then home to walk the dog and an hour on the bike on the trainer. I've been watching Orange is the New Black, and I only watch it on the trainer, so it's an incentive to pedal more.

Happy Birthday Marjorie!

Hi to all! I'm cold and tired.....going to huddle under this blanket for awhile, catch up on the internet and go to bed early.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel