Womens Running

Grumpy Thursdays (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Not all days are rays of sunshine haha 

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Slept great last night – I did get woken up at 2am for a work call but I fell right back to sleep. I am not sure what happened between 2am and 6:15 but I am GRUMPY. Maybe because it is pouring rain and I still have to get through today and tomorrow? I don’t know. Today might be a very active recovery day..the stair climb may help my mood! Luckily the rain is going to taper off this afternoon so my LR should be good tomorrow!

Dinner last night was good! There was about 10 of us. It was nice! When I was putting my lunch in the fridge this morning I saw CAKE in there! Smile My favorite bakery cake!! Smile Very sweet. Maybe that will help with this foul mood.

Happy Thursday! I hope everyone else is in a GREAT mood!

Five miles this morning.  I really wanted to stay in bed, but I'm glad I got out there. My nose is running like a faucet today!  Pollen everywhere!!

A scavenger has been picking up the carpet we removed at the new house.  I wonder if they have found the poopy piece?????  OMG we laughed so hard about it last night.  DH bought a riding mower, DS2 helped him pick it up (with trailer) and deliver to the new house.  They said most of the old carpet had been taken.  Wonder if they will bring that piece back???  HAHAHAHAHA   I picked up most of the poo before I rolled up the carpet, but it wasn't totally clean...Ewwww

We switched the pups to a high quality diet instead of the grain free diet.  We have been reading that a grain free diet may cause heart failure in large breed dogs.  Kat--have you heard of this?  It is the big discussion topic with the Weim rescue group. Now, what do I do with 75# of lamb and rice kibble?  I'm hoping the animal shelter will take it.

I just don't want to be at work today.  Yesterday I was continuously peppered with calls and emails.

Friday's coming!!!

Anonymous Guest

Not grumpy here, I slept until 7:30 this morning, y'all! Well, got up once around 5:30 so dogs could pee, but then we all went back to sleep. It was awesome. Dogs are still wiped out from daycare. Huckles kept randomly barking like he was trying to tell me about his day. The girl working up front said she looked out once and his paws were completely black halfway up his legs. I think he had fun. Trying to control both of them by myself was nearly impossible though. We are thinking about sending them to a trainer when we go on vacation in June. The place our neighbor sent their doberman is not that expensive for basic training, and they highly recommend him. I looked him up after she gave me his info and he used to breed labs and now trains all dogs but specializes in labs for hunting, so he knows how my idiots think and learn. It would be hard to send them off for two weeks while we're here, but if we can time it with our van trip to CO, it would work great.

I have an easy, recovery pace 6 on the schedule today. Even though yesterday's workout went well, it did kinda beat me up and I'm still feeling it today, so easy is appreciate.

Liz, I'm glad dinner was good last night. And now cake?? Yay! I'm guessing your friend that works there had some say in the plans, no way would mammal be this thoughtful.

Susan, OMG I am laughing about the poopy carpeting piece! Somebody is going to get an unpleasant surprise! Great job on the 5.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  WFH so not grumpy...yet.  I have Pilates and 9 with 3 X 2 @ HMP tonight.  Last night's 10 were a bit meh because of the breathing but we will see what I can come up with tonight.

Liz, yay for cake!

Susan, mine is not the nose as much as the stupid lungs.  These allergens can GTFO.

Karen, awww.  I can imagine Hucks trying to tell you about his day. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Quick good morning from the train. I was grumpy earlier this week but not now, slept 4 hours in a row last night (thanks to meds) so actually feeling rested!  I’m sure I’ll be grumpy once I get to work.

Ran 10 on Tuesday plus KB, 6 yesterday, and will to something after work today. 35k trail race on Sat. Weather forecast is unsettled  something g different every time I look. Will be muddy for sure regardless.

Lizzie, sorry you woke up with the grumpies!  Maybe a bad dream that you can’t temember?  Exciting about the job change coming soon!

CrazySue, great that a scavenger is repurposing your old carpet but lol on the poopy part!

Karen, so nice to wake up feeling like you got a good night’s sleep!  Good thinking about a trainer for the pups while you’re away. They might as well do something productive instead of goofing around when you’re gone.

Damaris, hope the breathing goes better today.

Sorry not to have witty insightful things to say for the rest of the posts this week. I’m still trying do less screen time, not certain it’s helping but my mood seems to be a bit better so maybe?

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy grumpy Thursday!    Dreary day here today, at least it's not raining.  7 miles on the TM this morning, I did them as a progressive run and worked on different inclines every other mile.  It made the time go relatively quickly.  One more day of work and I will be off for the month!  Spring break is very early this year for us, though some of the area schools won't have off until mid April for Easter.

Liz, sorry you are grumpy today.  You got a work call at 2AM?!?  What was that about?    YAY for cake!   I would go with a written planner also.  I only went to the digital one so that I could share the calendar with DH.  Of course, half the time he doesn't look at it and asks me what is going on anyway.    I was all ready to run outside this morning.  Really.    Next week I should be able to do some runs outside!

Sue, funny about the carpet!  I guess when you scavenge then you should be prepared for "surprises".  

Karen, yay for lots of sleep!    Wow, I can't believe you did that workout again!  Nice run!  My plan now has the speedwork a couple days after the long run, while McMillan had it 3 days before the long run.  Not sure which one is better.    Is this the Daniels plan that you are following?  I was curious about it, I'm not sure which marathon plan I will be doing!  I was considering Pfitz, just to change things up a bit.

Damaris, sounds like a fun workout that you have tonight.  Enjoy.  

Margaret, I am glad that your mood is improving!  Boo on bad sleep.  I have been taking the Olly Sleep "vitamins" from Target, that seems to help me sleep.  It is mostly melatonin.  They also have one called "Goodbye Stress".  I've been thinking of trying that one too.    It's probably all psychological.  

Judy, that is an awesome tradition with Sunday Buddy!

Elina, sounds like you are doing well with your new responsibilities!

Sandy, I agree with Liz, rest as long as you would like and no TURD.    I am getting a yen for spring cleaning also.  We still have some piles of snow.  My brother in Boston said they would have piles of snow until June!  We had rain last night.  As CFO, DD is getting paid $8.50 an hour.  I told her the first thing she needs to do is give herself a raise.  

Tessa, nice to see you check in!  I was wondering how you were doing.  I will add those books to my list!

Cathy

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, this is a stressful time for you with the job change, the environmental changes, the physical diet changes, dropping smoking, and then working on wedding planning (therefore more interaction with parents, etc.), and being supportive to and being concerned about HCF.

Missy, that is a LOT of stuff !  Therefore, be kind and gentle with yourself. It's also ok to feel grumpy at times.

Today I did a 50 minute run and 10 minute walk but I was pretty tired at the end.

Another thing, this afternoon is volunteer work at the library for DC and me.

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Not grumpy over here just TIRED.  This sickness is still lingering and kicking my booty hard.  No run.  Just can’t seem to get out of bed.  In theory, I could try to put some miles in after work but we all know the success rate of THAT idea.

Work is kinda insane with now three companies operating as one with three different distinct networks.  So lots of hoops to jump through to get access to everything.  Not to mention about 15 different username/password combos.  Then yesterday they set me up on a new system while locking me out of my current.  So that was fun.  Also getting nasty grams to update my OS.  Ummmm, I do NOT have 3+ hours to dedicate to that!  Trying to avoid it as long as I can.  Ah, the joys of technology.

139 days and counting below 50* but either today or tomorrow we should get above!  That’s the excitement around here!

Judy – wow, 22 years with Sunday Buddy.  That’s pretty cool!

Lizzie – sorry for the grumpies.  Glad you had a nice time last night.  And CAKE!!  Sounds like some good pre long run fuel!!  What’s the new fuel you are using during?  Nope, no proper dinner last night.  A beer, pretzels, two hard boiled eggs and popcorn.  Winning!!  On my way to work this morning I was thinking I should put out a personal ad something like “wanted: house man who grocery shops and cooks” haha.  How is HCF feeling?  How has his exercising been going?  Anything fun planned for the weekend?

Elina – wow, work sound intense but you sure are living up to it all!  Rock star!  Killer run in the pouring rain.

Sue – great job on the 5miles.  Too funny about the poopy carpet!

Karen – oh man, I would have LOVED to sleep until 7:30 today!  I could barely drag myself out of bed at 6:15 and then had to beat cheeks to get to work by 7.  I saw your pic of Huckles on FB and had to chuckle.  I figured you all would be wiped out last night!  So cute he got to play with the big boys.

Damaris – dang, that coach gave you a killer workout tonight!  Good luck though I know you will crush it.

Gatsby – hey lady.  Hooray for a decent stretch of sleep!  I wish I could give you some of mine because I surely have a lot stored up.  Killer workouts this week!  Holy crap – just looked at your sig – 35K this week and another 55K next week?!!  You are AWESOME!!

Cathy – dang you have put the miles in on that dreadmill this winter.  Awesome!  Have a great week and day off work!  OMG snow in Boston until June?  Wow, I didn’t realize they got that much this year.  I would like to think our piles will be gone sometime next week though it’s hard to say.  LOL on DD giving herself a raise.  But, no kidding!  Have fun tomorrow and don’t forget not to swear hee hee

Sooooo ready for the weekend.  Though I’m psyched to keep an eye on the MN vs Louisville game at 11:15.  We have TVs in the office and will have it tuned in.  Have a good Thursday!

Arimathea

Tessa

No run this morning -- I had to position my car near the class location for this evening. Normally I WFH on Thursdays but I have a lunch meeting I can't miss. Oh well. At least it is lunch!

Liz, I hope that the cake is not for a different department...

Susan, chortling about the carpet with poop on it being taken. Maybe someone is looking for pieces to carpet a hallway or other small room, or perhaps to cut up to make sitting mats. When my kids were in elementary school they had pieces of carpet edged in electrical or duct tape that they all carried into the cafetorium for assemblies, since there weren't enough chairs all the kids sat on the floor and the carpet helped insulate small bottoms from cold hard tile.

The shelter might take lamb & rice kibble, especially if the bag is unopened, or if you put up something on Nextdoor or your local Facebook group a neighbor might appreciate it. Also -- this may be a stupid question -- isn't rice a grain? I thought the "grain free" foods that were possibly causing problems were ones with sweet or white potato or peas as their starch.

Sandy, sounds like a tech nightmare. I've been through a few company consolidations and getting the old accounting systems to talk to each other is an awful business.

Karen, in his day DH used to train labs, he hunted birds (ducks mostly) and they are trainable. Definitely food motivated! Sounds like both of them had a good time at daycare, especially Hucklepup.

Margaret, if less screen time is helping, go for it. Sorry you are not sleeping well!

Cathy, another argument for being single. I have a week-at-a-glance calendar that goes on my desk at work (lives in my shower caddy thingy since we aren't allowed to leave anything at workstations) and put things in my phone to transfer to the paper calendar. Work stuff goes in Outlook. For home, there's a 3 month wipeoff calendar in the kitchen (I think Lisa and Susan are the only ones from this group who have been in my kitchen, though everyone is welcome to visit!) and everything goes on that.

Snickering about your DD. That kid has a future as a politician, I'm afraid.

Damaris, ugh on the allergens. Is there any time of year that there isn't pollen and disgusting heat and humidity?

Judy, enjoy the library volunteering.

Off for a phone call. No grumpies today, everyone!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

No grumpy here, I slept it off.  Finally got up just before 10am.  I was at work late every day this week, ugh.

Sue, nothing is concrete yet.  I have read a few articles and get a little differing feeling of what they think is the cause.  Golden Retrievers are known to be at higher risk.  Was't seeing anything on Weims.  But I was only skimming just now.  Oddly, I feed grain free too.  Think it is time to switch.  And I just bought another bag.  One article I read said legumes and potatoes are a possible cause, but then the dog food I use just switched from potato to peas over this and I am sure they did their research as well... Confusing.  They do know it is related to a deficiency in Taurine, an Amino Acid.  Apparently it can be reversed over time.  Seems like a lot of speculation still.   Also it is a pretty small number of dogs.  Lamb and rice has been around for a long time and has not been linked, yet.  Probably more than you wanted, with a vague answer...

Personals later.  Need a bagel and am going to get out there shortly.  It is lovely out.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Karen – Awe, the pups were tired! I am picturing Huckles telling you about his day. AWE. We sent Ruger to a 2 week board and train. We missed him while he was gone, but it was SOOO worth it! I think that was when we had the room above the garage finished. Enjoy that easy run! I have a MP run tomorrow but I think I am just going to run it easy. My hamstring is a little angry at the workout I did yesterday.

Docket – I hope you don’t end up grumpy! Smile  Have a good run tonight!

Margaret – Yay for sleep! I think that is one reason why I am grumpy. I took something last night to calm my mind..and I think its just an anxiety hangover. Super tired. Nice running this week. Awesome on the race Saturday. The muddier the better???

Cathy – Nice run this morning! I was surprised when it wasn’t outside! Smile  I can’t believe your Spring Break is starting! Do they still get some days around Easter? Are you going to be doing anything fun on your time off?? Ugh, yes. I had vendors in last night cleaning data halls. I guess they tried to get in an area they were not authorized to and the engineer onsite called me to see if it was okay. NOPE. Not okay. Glad he called. Soon..I won’t have to take after hours calls much at all!!! I prefer McMillan’s speed work before long run. After the long run I just want to rest and do easy runs! That’s just me though. If you do a new one, I would be curious to see how it goes! I have been thinking about switching mine up next time. I guess I could just modify on my own Smile  LOL on DD’s CFO pay!! Oh boy! Let us know how it goes!

Judy – Very good point about all of those things! Sometimes I forget all that has happened and going on right now! I will be nice to myself and have another LARGE piece of cake Smile Nice running and walking today! Enjoy volunteering!

Sandy – Ugh, sorry about the work woes. Can they update the OS when you leave for the day? They do that with ours. I have a feeling that would screw everything up again. I have to leave my laptop behind. The new account sent me one and I got it yesterday. Its refurbished (probably the person's who had the position before me) and they sent it to me with no power cord or anything. It was just the laptop. I am like, WTH. I have to steal it from my current laptop. Oh well. I think I am just tired too.  I wish you would kick this sickness! What are you up to this weekend? March Madness? Smile  OMG your dinner! LOL. Gotta have the popcorn – hehe. For fuel I am using those Belvita bites. Easy to eat! And then of course my peanut M&M’s Smile  You would probably get some hits if you put that ad in the paper. I am being serious! Smile  HCF is doing good, thanks for asking! Things are tense right now in the house..there is just a lot going on. I am trying my best to just leave him alone. He is a big boy. His exercising is good! He is ready to so some more intense exercise Smile  This weekend I was supposed to go have dinner with an old friend of mine..but haven’t heard anything! I wouldn’t mind laying around and doing nothing!! Maybe dinner with my parents.

Tessa – Oh no. It was my favorite cake! Bummer about having to go into work today! I just recently bought a dry erase calendar for home. I love it. That way when me or HCF try to schedule something..we don’t overbook! It has happened haha.

My grumpies are about gone. After some YUMMY cake!! My favorite cake ever! Smile Smile

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Kathryn - how is work going??

Kat--yes, I have read that dog foods with legumes, peas, etc were thought to be the cause. Not taking any chances.  I ended up on a Fb group that is focused on this issue and tells what chow each victim was on. So sad!!  There have been a couple of Weims, and some have been linked to the food I have been feeding for years.  I'm dropping the old food at the shelter today.

Lizzie--Judy is right!!!  Things are pretty hectic and stressful for you right now, so be good to yourself.  Smile

This clock is slow

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, sounds like you are enjoying your rest day with delicious CAKE!  Yum.  Work is OK, could be worse.  They surprisingly kept on two of the suspended techs, I suppose since they are exam room techs and the problems were with the backroom techs.  I have long complained about one of my techs, sweet, but damn slow.  So the one tech that came back is now mine!!!  SO excited.  I really like working with her and she is speedy.  Wahoooooooo.  She was the suspended doctors tech up until now.  No increase in hours.

Sue, that is really nasty about the carpet.  I put a couch out once.  (Rust velour) and someone took it.  Then returned it, missing 2 pillows.  Then another person took it for good.  Strange what people want.

Karen, if you/DH are going to be gone, what a good time to send them off for intensive training!!!  Have a nice easy run.

Damaris, hope no grumpiness comes your way.

Margaret, glad the mood is better.  Good luck on your race this weekend and enjoy the mud.  

Cathy, bummer on the dreary weather, but good on the 7.  Spring cleaning?  I remember doing windows as a child.  Not my favorite thing.  I don't have a calendar, I just hope I remember everything.  Sometimes a reminder on my phone.  I DO have a race calendar though...

Judy, 22 years with SRB, amazing.

Sandy, miles after work are such a challenge now.  I used to up in Seattle, not sure how.  Sorry work is a pain.

Tessa, sorry your WFH day wasn't.

Just got back from a speedy 6 miles - walking only.

STRANGEST thing yesterday.  I was laying down before work and I heard the lawn mower out.  Assumed it was my neighbor as our houses are very close.  Dogs were being obnoxious over it and barking their fool heads off.  Plus my Amazon package arrived.  Finally I got up and went to get my package.  I'll be damned, my front lawn was mowed.  Looked around and realized my front porch had been cleaned off of all the leaves (leaf blower.)  Now I know damned well he doesn't own a blower.  And pretty sure he wouldn't touch my lawn.  And my other neighbor had just mowed her lawn the day before.  I guess a lawn service did it on accident.  I would have hoped they left a card, because they did a great job and my "lawn boy" is moving shortly.  Oh yeah, then I went out back with the dogs and they had mowed there too.  Weed whacked, edged, and blew away all the trimmings...

I was going to go to the botanical gardens today, but I am again feeling lazy and enjoying just sitting out back.  No food though so I suppose a grocery store trip is in order.  Maybe the nursery to get some flowers?

Happy Thursday.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024