Womens Running

Last Friday of the YEAR FRIDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Wow, already?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me! 11 hours of sleep! 11!!!!

i woke up expecting to be in pain. Nope...feel like I could run a few miles! Wink Don't worry..I won't Smile Seriously though, I feel pretty awesome. See, that is the power of eating my favorite cake post run. I do feel guilty and like I have gained 15lbs this week though..BLAH.

I have been getting a lot of sleep this week. On my run days I have been getting up at 5:30 instead of 4am  It is going to be hard to get back to the 4am wake up call next week!

We are heading to his parents place this morning to celebrate Christmas. There are already arguments between his sisters. Should be real fun

Kathryn - MMM pasta.

Laura - Yes, they have met before in passing. Not an official meeting. I don’t watch This is Us - I am not into crying LOL. Awe, hope you had a good date night last night!

Docket - Of course you can run 10+ days in a row. You are a badass.

Kilmisters - You are right - it was my breath that was freezing. Crazy, that has never happened to me before. Oh boy..hope the excel accepted the changes! Smile

Tessa - Oh wow you had a long day yesterday. LOL when I read you are on your second piece of cake. I had cake last night too.

Karen - Yay for exploring!! So, how did you get to your 70+ mile weeks? Just constant build up? Man, you were a born runner.

Susan - Every time I read that you ran with Skye it reminds me that I need to get Ruger out there. I just need to pick him up when I am on my last couple miles. Ease him into it. AWE Deuce!! Poor thing! You should post a picture Smile You took off this week, right?

Happy Friday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Tessa, thanks for converting temps to C*. 28*C at this point of the year is insane. I still haven't got used to some of your climate zones. How cold is it at night? Is it a big swing compared to midday? Cake consumption as substitute for a run -> good decision! #carbload

HCK, true, having two calendars next to each other (Dec17, Jan18) has caused confusion for me as well. The office supplies lady was looking at me weirdly when I asked for the 2018 table calendar at first week of Dec17. Uuuhm, yeah, that is not even planning that far ahead.

Sue, what's the longest you've ran w Skye? My father once did a 22-miler w my dog, 5 hours in the snow, incl a stop at gas station where he  got himself and the dog some cakes and water Smile The poor dog was sleeping in the chair for days after that.

Lizzie, Excel eventually accepted the changes, but I managed to make myself light dinner during that time Big grin When I saw ''11'' the first thought was - oh you DID NOT just run 11mi after that LR!! Phew Smile Nice rest!

It was veeery windy last night, so didn't sleep well until it stopped, which was at about, uhm, 5am. So woke up at 7am to send the main reports, then slept till 1pm. Sorry not sorry. Had done most of the planned work stuff last night while watching hockey. Not lots of left, matter of hour max. Planning to go to work early next Tuesday, because what are the odds of new month / new year not screwing smth up in the reports?

The first floorball game of 2018 that was scheduled for Jan6 is now shifted to Jan11... Which means:

Thursday: 8pm away game (Riga); home 11:30pm earliest

Friday: inevitably feeling dead at work and consuming gallons of coffee till approx 1pm, when the signs of life will slowly return

Saturday: 3pm away game (Tartu, Estonia; 4hr drive)

As DH said, this is where the endurance of distance running will hopefully show...

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yahoo is broken. That is all. 

I had cake last night. 

Thursday was another very cold day so it was off to the TM downstairs. I had a good 50 minute run at a  good faster speed.

Today I am volunteering at the library for several hours. That is like cross training for me. 

I’ve been working on some tech support (old TVs and DVD players) and it has been successful. I love keeping hardware, then reusing it.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

And..the arctic freeze continues.  Apparently this is the coldest December since 1989.  Blech.

I will run a short one on the TM later today.  DD and I are going to Walmart, I want to get there before it gets too busy.  Not really sure what else, we were going to visit some family that are here for the holidays but haven't heard back from them.  Going to BFs Dad's tomorrow afternoon for his X mas celebration.  The dog we're watching gets picked up sometime on Sunday, he is a handful and I will say I'm ready for him to go back to his home LOL.

Lizzie - oh boy, what are the sisters arguing about?  Hopefully, they'll be over it by the time you meet up.  11 hours of sleep sounds awesome, I got about 8.  I am already dreading the getting up early for next week!

Elina - it is -15 C here (okay, I had to look up the conversion)!  It is crazy, I don't think it's supposed to get to even 20 F until the second week of January   Busy schedule ahead for you!

Judy - have an enjoyable day volunteering!  Nice TM run!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

Lizzie, wow, 11 hours!  If I sleep any more than 6 I feel too tired through the day.  Enjoy the rest!

Elina, California, where Tessa is, might get cooler at night.  Down here is just hot all day, maybe hottish at night.  Sorry about the poor sleep.

Judy, enjoy the volunteer work.

Laura, enjoy the TM run.  Feel free to send us any of your cold weather.  Not all, of course, we don't like it too cold, ha.  Stay warm!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Tessa we are well aware that the shelter closes during the day!  This is where they come.  We would never close because we had too many staff out ill, blizzard conditions are the only time we have closed, that or no heat.

We are not getting much snow here in Sandusky, just bitter cold.  I would rather have snow than this nose hair freezing cold!

Worked out again this morning, leg day and he killed me and I killed the workout!  Actually felt pretty good, but still not running.  It would be treadmill running if I do get at it.

Liz, I doubt very much if you have gained 15 pounds, but I know it probably feels that way to you.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Elina, yes it does get cooler at night, Damaris is right. I ran last night in short sleeves and about 23 C (70 F maybe?) however by 4 AM the temperature was in the low 40s F, so about 6-8 C. No short sleeves this morning! Long sleeves pulled down so there wasn't a gap between my sleeves and my gloves.

Does miniK come to your away games or does she stay home?

Liz, nice run yesterday, yay for rest days, hope the sisters can stop feuding to celebrate Christmas. Is one of the arguing sibs HCBF's twin?

And if you are wanting to ease Ruger into running, how old is he? I have read that most dogs shouldn't start running until they're well over a year old, and you will want to watch his paws on hard surfaces. And carry plastic bags! (One guy on runango has a dog whose nickname is Henry Bringthreebags. You can figure out why.)

Judy, not sure what you mean by Yahoo is broken. It's working for me, and I have Yahoo email through my local provider. I tend to avoid Yahoo.com itself since once you start down the rabbit hole of reader comments you realize why it's called Yahoo. Lots of yahoos sounding off in the comments section.

Thanks for volunteering!

Laura, good luck with the celebration also. And wow, that is cold. I take it the TM is getting most of the action these days?

Damaris, you're right, we get colder at night. Part of that is because we're at a bit of elevation, about 1650 feet (just over 500 meters) above sea level. You're close to the ocean, right? A nice warm sticky part of the ocean?

Ginny, I think a lot of people don't know how vital the library services are for the homeless and inadequately housed -- warmth or AC depending on the season, computer access, bathrooms. And nobody's likely to shove you out as long as you are behaving appropriately. Nice workout!

3.2 miles this morning. I didn't dare miss the bus because there is a reduced schedule today and I didn't want to have to wait 35 minutes for the next one. I also did 3 miles last night to see some more Christmas lights. One house looks like they are really trying to bring the rest of the street along (and the rest of the street is not trying to keep up) -- the kind of decorations that make you wonder do they have solar panels or do they have stock in Southern California Edison. Quiet run this morning except for a few people driving way, way too fast-- the hospital is the other way, as are the police and fire stations and the nearest 24 hour Wal-Mart, so I can't imagine why they were driving that fast. Oh, and either someone pancaked a skunk or there was an extremely aromatic dinner served in our neighborhood last night -- it smelled mightily at one point on my route.

Kilmisters

Laura, to be fair F->C conversion is a PITA, much more than just using the approx. factor of 1.6 for mi->km.

Tessa, K won't attend the Thursday night game, but Saturday in Estonia - absolutely. We're planning to spend rest of the weekend there (Tartu and Tallinn) w her, DH and two of the BILs; Tallinn being the guys' hometown.

Thanks for the insights in your local area's weather specifics. Which are still confusing me. (Not as much as 45*F here in late December. Yes, I am still angry)

8.7mi. Downpour from the first second to the last. Funny that the introvert me enjoyed it purely because there was almost no other living soul on the streets (saw maybe 2-3 people in those 90mins). Of course, it stopped raining as soon as I got in.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

LC Runs

3 TM miles and some upper body weights.

Damaris - how bout we split the difference?  45 degrees works!

Ginny - awesome job on the leg workout!

Tessa - yes, haven't been outside since last week.  I guess this is why I have a TM; at least, that's what I keep reminding myself!  Nice 3.2!

Elina - nice run!!

Core today.  Walked the pups.

Elina--the farthest I've run w Skye is 5k.  I need to take her out more.

Strava and I are not getting along.  Grrrr...

Half Crazy K 2.0

6.7 miles in 26 degrees. Probably warm to some of you, but I am still cold from it.

Arimathea

Tessa

Kupcakes, to me 26 F is plenty cold. (About -3 C.) Good for you.

Ran 5 miles or so this afternoon. Tried to go on a trail for a bit, got overtaken by 3 dirt bikes and 1 4 wheeler who were apologetic about the amount of dust they kicked up, so turned around. Glad I did get out.