Garmin Communicator Plugin Installation Guide
RunningAHEAD can download your workouts directly from the Garmin Forerunner.
You will need to install the Garmin USB Driver and Garmin Communicator Plugin
before you can use this feature.
USB Driver (Windows only)
If you use Mac OS or if you have Garmin Training Center installed,
then you can skip to the instructions for the Garmin Communicator Plugin installation.
- Disconnect your Forerunner from the computer.
- Download and run the lastest
Garmin USB Driver.
- Follow the setup program's instructions.
- When you get to the screen that reads "To ensure a successful installation, follow the instructions below:",
connect your Forerunner to your computer and turn it on.
- Follow the instructions on the computer screen.
- After you have successful installed the USB driver, go onto the
Garmin Communicator Plugin section below.
Garmin Communicator Plugin
- Download the plugin for your operating system.
- Follow the installation program's instructions.
After the installation, you'll be brought to the Garmin Communicator Plugin Test Page.
If everything is installed correctly, you should see the follow message:
Garmin GPS device is detected and communicating properly:
* Note that the name of the GPS will be different if you have a another model.
- You are now ready to upload your data to RunningAHEAD. Have fun!