2024 New York Marathon (Read 131 times)

The site is down at the moment, but they have a message displaying:

The drawing for the 2024 TCS New York City Marathon will occur today, March 28, and will take several hours to complete. You will know you’ve been selected in the drawing if you receive a completed (not pending) Credit or Debit card charge for the full marathon entry fee, the status in your NYRR account changes to “Accepted,” and you receive an acceptance email from NYRR by the end of the day.

My credit card hasn't been charged, hence assume I won't be running New York this year.

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

The site is down at the moment, but they have a message displaying:

The drawing for the 2024 TCS New York City Marathon will occur today, March 28, and will take several hours to complete. You will know you’ve been selected in the drawing if you receive a completed (not pending) Credit or Debit card charge for the full marathon entry fee, the status in your NYRR account changes to “Accepted,” and you receive an acceptance email from NYRR by the end of the day.

My credit card hasn't been charged, hence assume I won't be running New York this year.

Don't give up quite yet.  It's not even 11:00 in the morning yet, NY time.  They didn't say when they'll start and said it will take several hours.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Running Problem

Problem Child

If NYRR was SMART they wouldn't charge credit cards until tomorrow. I was told locally hunters would check their credit card on lottery morning to see if they were getting any tags. The regulatory agency would collect their money, THEN announce winners so much like NYRR if you saw a $100+ charge from Wildlife you knew you were in.

I don't see a charge from my credit card. Not even pending.

EDIT: *a few hours later*

I've been offered an opportunity to virtually run the 2024 TCS New York Marathon and gain a "non-complimentary, guaranteed entry to t he 2025 TCS New York Marathon." I think the virtual option is $150. Self supported on a course of my own design. Unsure of the cutoff time requirements.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

Thanks Everyone! I ended up sending an email on the off chance they made a mistake and well......

Hi-

Thank you for your email.

I researched on our end and you should have been Accepted with the non-NYRR TQ entry method.  It was simply an administrative error as to how why this occurred.

I have sent you an invite to register for the 2024 TCS NYC Marathon.  Holler if you have any issues.

Happy training!

--Liz

I'm going to NYC!!!!!!!

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

DavePNW

Thanks Everyone! I ended up sending an email on the off chance they made a mistake and well......

Hi-

I researched on our end and you should have been Accepted with the non-NYRR TQ entry method.  It was simply an administrative error as to how why this occurred.

I have sent you an invite to register for the 2024 TCS NYC Marathon.  Holler if you have any issues.

Happy training!

--Liz

I'm going to NYC!!!!!!!

Awesome!! See you there!

Dave

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I am rarely in shock with running stuff, but I am absolutely shocked that not only did this work, but that they responded so quickly given it's lottery time. They get SO many emails, and 90%+ are just silly stuff people can find on the FAQ. They were also notorious for not responding to anything if someone said "why didn't I get in?" almost like if you asked a college admissions office that question.

Congratulations though! What a roller coaster.

Hi-

Happy training!

--Liz

I'm going to NYC!!!!!!!

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

The ole pay $150 to have the opportunity to pay $350 next year. This is why NYRR is so successful because I know a lot of people do this.

I've been offered an opportunity to virtually run the 2024 TCS New York Marathon and gain a "non-complimentary, guaranteed entry to t he 2025 TCS New York Marathon." I think the virtual option is $150. Self supported on a course of my own design. Unsure of the cutoff time requirements.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

I emailed them 2 days ago and just heard back today....so there was some lag...but I'm just pumped I'm in.

Fun note: I then freaked out because i couldn't access the box to use the code, but that box isn't provided until tomorrow when I will register, so I'm good.  So much sweating today sitting in my chair in the freezing office.

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I emailed them 2 days ago and just heard back today....so there was some lag...but I'm just pumped I'm in.

Fun note: I then freaked out because i couldn't access the box to use the code, but that box isn't provided until tomorrow when I will register, so I'm good.  So much sweating today sitting in my chair in the freezing office.

Good news.  Congrats.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

This really takes the value out of the 9+1, doesn't it?

DavePNW

How do they determine who gets this offer?

Dave

Running Problem

Problem Child

How do they determine who gets this offer?

I assume all 96% of applicants who didn’t win this year’s lottery is eligible to pay for the honor of running a self-supported marathon to be given a guaranteed entry to next year’s lottery. Maybe it’s just a $180 fee to bypass the 2024 lottery in which case, apply early and get your guarantee without needing to run a marathon.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

The ole pay $150 to have the opportunity to pay $350 next year. This is why NYRR is so successful because I know a lot of people do this.

If you choose to virtually participate in the 2024 Virtual TCS New York City Marathon Powered by Strava, you can get non-complimentary, guaranteed entry to the 2025 TCS New York City Marathon. Registration opens in late spring.

got the same but they have not charged my card for the virtual run. I mean if you think about how much it can cost to run any major - $500 is still a steal at least is you are from abroad. I can save on the hotel lol. I will think about it. Just not sure I want to run a virtual marathon. That would suck big time. Could we all upload the same run to out strava?

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

Running Problem

Problem Child

If you choose to virtually participate in the 2024 Virtual TCS New York City Marathon Powered by Strava, you can get non-complimentary, guaranteed entry to the 2025 TCS New York City Marathon. Registration opens in late spring.

got the same but they have not charged my card for the virtual run. I mean if you think about how much it can cost to run any major - $500 is still a steal at least is you are from abroad. I can save on the hotel lol. I will think about it. Just not sure I want to run a virtual marathon. That would suck big time. Could we all upload the same run to out strava?

The virtual run was a limited quantity in 2023, and it was approximately $150. All so you can have the privilige of paying them $315 plus fees and saying you beat a "celebrity" they've identified as important.

It's cheaper to buy beer and drink away my tears. Big grin

VDOT 53.37 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hi-

Happy training!

--Liz

I'm going to NYC!!!!!!!

Wow, that's unexpected and amazing (but not undeserved)! Congrats!