Notification of responses to a post posted from self (Read 1345 times)

Lisa3.1

Not sure if it was requested, but notification of responses to a post posted from self would be nice.
    eric :)

Hi Lisa, This has been requested many times before and I will add it in the next revamp of the forum code. The hardest part is to decide where the notification page should be located. eric :-)
        An easy solution might be changing the icon of the thread to indicate it is a thread the poster has posted in. Then combine it with a previous request of showing a user's last 10 posts (perhaps in their profile).

Anyone have pizza?

Hi Lisa, This has been requested many times before and I will add it in the next revamp of the forum code. The hardest part is to decide where the notification page should be located. eric :-)
          Amen! Amen! I've been wanting this ever since I've joined. It would make it life so much easier Cool Actually would an email to your own inbox be achievable?

Insert witty title here

Just wanted to bump this up and add my own 2 cents. The forums here are great, but the biggest thing missing is a way to easily track them. In addition to tracking topics I started, I'd like to be able to choose to be notified any time a response is posted to a topic that I am participating in or interested in. The easiest way I can think of to handle this would be a checkbox at the top of each forum page that we could check if we wanted to be notified of responses. When a response is posted it blasts an email to everyone who checked that box and lets them know about the new post.. maybe includes a snippet of it. If you no longer want to follow a topic you simply go to it and uncheck the box.

ThomasRuns Blog
            Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Old, Slow, Happy

This is cool, man!! Us old guys never know what we want until we see it. Now I want this. Thanks young'uns!! Modified to correct old man punctuation errors.
                Maybe I am out of date (quite likely) but wouldn't/couldn't this be something like an RSS feed for each topic? Seems other forums allow this.