Garmin in the rain (Read 815 times)

Am really impressed with Garmin company. My 305 was just completely useless; none of the buttons worked anymore. I e-mailed them and for $44.50 I shipped it back to them and within 6 days I had a new one in my hand. It is not my old one repaired either. Was worth the money. Just wanted to put in a good word for great customer service!
      Am really impressed with Garmin company. My 305 was just completely useless; none of the buttons worked anymore. I e-mailed them and for $44.50 I shipped it back to them and within 6 days I had a new one in my hand. It is not my old one repaired either. Was worth the money. Just wanted to put in a good word for great customer service!
      Agreed Elisa. I got my 1st 305 exchanged within a week, no questions asked. How refreshing in today's day and age.
        I did too. But mostly, I just wanted to post an obscure reference to something else you should not leave in the rain: cake.
        The real shame is that it took so long to bake it, and you'll never have that recipe again Sad
        JakeKnight

Yup. I was having problems uploading data. The unit itself was fine; it was just the connector. But I took it back, and they gave me a brand new one - AND $50 bucks in cold hard cash, since the price had dropped since I bought it originally. Pretty sweet. MTA: And I wore mine in a thunderstorm last week. Wish I'd read this thread first. I thought they were water proof resistant.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

Chair Warmer

Wore my 305 in the pouring rain during the Twin Cities Marathon earlier this month and had no issues with moisture. But it is nice to hear Garmin backs their product if I do have problems in the future.

Prince of Fatness

When I go out in the rain with my 205 I rap it in Saran Wrap and secure that with a rubber band. It stays dry enough that way. That method hasn't failed me yet. When I am done I unwrap it right away and towel it off.

Not at it at all. 

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Wore my 305 in the pouring rain during the Twin Cities Marathon earlier this month and had no issues with moisture. But it is nice to hear Garmin backs their product if I do have problems in the future.
                I've worn my 205 in the rain several times (not a habitual rain runner, but I have been caught in some mean downpours). Never had any issues, although I would let it dry before plugging it in to recharge or download data.

Chris
                PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

I've also worn my 205 in the rain several times and never had a problem. I also wash it off in the shink after each run to keep it from getting funky.