Link between running and sex drive?? (Read 1465 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

I would think, given the topic of the thread, that a girl named Debbie Downer would be viewed as a positive.
    Shocked

This article isn't exactly on topic. But, the author does touch on the connection between marathoning and sex drive. Smile
        This article isn't exactly on topic. But, the author does touch on the connection between marathoning and sex drive. Smile
        To a marathoner, sex is far down the priority list. Usually, it ranks somewhere near choosing a good shoelace.

Vim

JakeKnight

To a marathoner, sex is far down the priority list. Usually, it ranks somewhere near choosing a good shoelace.
          Good shoelaces are very important.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

Purdey

Self anointed title

Not for this one! I'm as addicted to running as (almost) anyone on here - but I have to draw the line somewhere! Good sex vs good shoelaces - what are you talking about?! [agree with Jake though - good shoelaces are vital]

Not for this one! I'm as addicted to running as (almost) anyone on here - but I have to draw the line somewhere! Good sex vs good shoelaces - what are you talking about?! [agree with Jake though - good shoelaces are vital]
              You have to read the article that I linked above to appreciate the comment relating sex to choosing good shoelaces. Taken out of context, the quote conveys a very different message. Smile
                I would say my sex drive has reduced some... especially over the last 3 or so weeks. I am physically ready for my marathon taper and well... sex or relax on the couch... or better yet get to sleep an hour early... tough choices...
                  ... Does your drive increase with mileage or is there a point where it starts to decrease?
                  My brother (who has run a lot more ultras than the few I have) has 2 t-shirts which read: shirt #1: "Marathoners Keep It Up Longer" shirt #2: "Ultramarathoners Don't Have Time To Do It" Smile
                  C-R

shirt #2: "Ultramarathoners Don't Have Time To Do It"
                    I see no reason to do an ultra now. Cool

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

HOSS1961

I see no reason to do an ultra now. Cool
                      Yep...if that is the case I will never do an ultra... Wink
                      HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured