My fist marathon, less than a week away! (Read 765 times)

Skooter 3.0

Well, it's finally here! I'm running the Louisville KY Derby Festival Marathon on Saturday...it's been a long road, and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for all your advice. There is definitely no way I could have possibly figured out how to get here without the support and advice of everyone on here. Wish me luck!

Goals?

Dave

Skootr, you're going to do great. For inspiration, if you haven't already done so, read the stories of worst marathon preparation over in the marathon trainers group here: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MMM/Forum/260d2d7fb33c409ca0633a6bb1dbe96d Then rest easy knowing that you've been focused, trained, and disciplined Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Excellent -- have fun! The only thing I can think to say for a first marathon is, better to stay slow and save up energy for later, cause it's more fun to pass people near the end, than to get passed near the end Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I predict a PR!
          MM# 1477
          xor

A fist marathon, eh? Best of luck on Saturday. Enjoy the track, I hope it is fast.

Skooter 3.0

Well, being in Kentucky, I'm obviously running shoeless on a mud track, and yes, you are right....as far as I'm concerned fisting a marathon is really the only way to do it....

Goals?

Dave

Well, being in Kentucky, I'm obviously running shoeless on a mud track, and yes, you are right....as far as I'm concerned fisting a marathon is really the only way to do it....
                Even the horses wear shoes. Toothless is another story. Big grin

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Well, it's finally here! I'm running the Louisville KY Derby Festival Marathon on Saturday[.]
                  I'm in the same boat, as you know. Maybe I'll see you on the course. Good luck!
                  “I used to be a runner. Uh-huh. Not a marathoner. A runner. Marathons are bullshit. They’re all hype. Some official picks a random day, and rain or cold, you’re out there pounding the pavement alongside 50,000 other dumbfucks. No. There’s some things it’s better to do all by yourself.” Augustus Hill, Oz

Skooter 3.0

It's gonna be a good time...let's fist this course! (I don't really have a choice at this point!?)

Goals?

xor

Incidentally, do NOT under any circumstances use the search term "fist movie" with image google if you have safe search turned off. You have been warned.

Skooter 3.0

Incidentally, do NOT under any circumstances use the search term "fist movie" with image google if you have safe search turned off. You have been warned.
                        HA! Tight lipped

Goals?

Dave

srlopez: More than inspiration. Words to live by. That dude is wise.

dgb2n@yahoo.com