Why do Americans on internet forums use the term (Read 1299 times)

Bugs

Fixed it for ya.
    "Thank" "You" "Very" "Much". Big grin

Bugs

Now should not be the time that admit that my family members from upstate PA always say arse, as in "you are a pain in my arse". Blush

Michelle

Now that was a bath...

Now should not be the time that admit that my family members from upstate PA always say arse, as in "you are a pain in my arse". Blush
        Michelle - do they say that to you often? JK - it seems that you post mainly over there and I post mainly over elsewhere and we occasionally meet here complaining that the other never posts. I will get my "arse" over to the swamp for a formal introduction as soon as I get in more heroin mileage. Now I know that you all harp on over there that you don't have to be running 2000 miles to join in the heroin fun, but it is actually a really difficult place to hang out in when you are benched or running with restrictions. If I wanted to read running threads I would hang out in a runner's forum. Darn right. I wrote "darn" because I love Lynn and I never use the other word that rhymes with ram and begins with 'd' around him. It's less offensive methinks. He also makes me use the word "heck" a lot, which is weird as I never say it in real life, but its a reasonable alternative when I want to write the word that rhymes with fell and starts with 'h'. I also occasionally say "frick" "feck" and once for good measure "frig". These are out of respect for Eric who allegedly hides teenagers on this board. "Arse" - and to stay on topic I will restate this - is simly a great word and needs no reasoning. In Britain it has a comedy intonation. Ass is what you want a piece of - arse is what you don't. Clear now? And Mr JK - I always flirt with you. Some of my methods may be strange (such as pretending to be your mother) but they are still flirting mother-the-less. Does this count as my second post. see ya in a week.
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
          Michelle - do they say that to you often?
          Who me? Never. I'm an angel. I'm NEVER annoying. Roll eyes Big grin

Michelle

Nev

Damn I have to quit running in the evenings. I miss so many good threads. I have used arse in the past just to sound British because I love British slang, like wanker, dodgy, pissed, etc. Now I have "donkey hole" to add to me vernacular...brilliant, spot on. Wink
            Now you are getting the hang of the basics of slang perhaps we should move on to some cockney (or the now far more common mockney) ryming slang ? Your "Arse" of course would be refered to as "your botte and glass" or more recently your "kyber pass". Did Lock stock and two smoking barrels make it to that side of the atlantic?

The Greatest of All Time

Did Lock stock and two smoking barrels make it to that side of the atlantic?
              Hell yes. Love that flick. I know some cockney slang: skyrocket (pocket), apples & pairs (stairs), porky pies (lies), battle cruiser (boozer or pub), Doris Day (gay), Daffy Ducked (fu*ked), Rant and Rave (shave). I love that shit. It's hilarious. Every now and then I drop some British slang on unsuspecting people just to see the look on their face. It's priceless. "You're Patrick Swayze, you dodgy bastard!"
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
              Nev

Hell yes. Love that flick. I know some cockney slang: skyrocket (pocket), apples & pairs (stairs), porky pies (lies), battle cruiser (boozer or pub), Doris Day (gay), Daffy Ducked (fu*ked), Rant and Rave (shave). I love that shit. It's hilarious. Every now and then I drop some British slang on unsuspecting people just to see the look on their face. It's priceless. "You're Patrick Swayze, you dodgy bastard!"
                Marcus Youre a natural Daffy Ducked would normaly be Donald Ducked or more commonly used as "its completely donald" Have a good un me old china

The Greatest of All Time

Have a good un me old china
                  Have a good one my old friend.....[translated] Shabba
                  all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                  JakeKnight

And Mr JK - I always flirt with you. Some of my methods may be strange (such as pretending to be your mother) but they are still flirting mother-the-less.
                    You realize, of course, that I am not tall. I can (and do) type a page when I mean two words. It's never gonna work out, sweetheart. On the plus side, I don't have highlights in my hair. Oh - the "mother-the-less" was excellent. Very clever. But I may now need therapy. Even worse than before.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

Scout7

Oh - the "mother-the-less" was excellent. Very clever. But I may now need therapy. Even worse than before.
                      I love the fact that you said "may need therapy". And just to fuel the fire, I intentionally put the period outside the quotes. Suck it, Trebeck. That's how I roll.
                      JakeKnight

And just to fuel the fire, I intentionally put the period outside the quotes. Suck it, Trebeck. That's how I roll.
                        You live dangerously, Connery. Can I interest in anal bum covers?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

xor

Random bump from p10. What a fun thread that I missed. Sometimes, people over here use "arse" to sound cool. Maybe for the same reason that some folks start into the whole Monty Python-esque accent for no particular reason. Language is fun. I like the phrase "being pissed", which has wholly different meanings depending on where you happen to be on earth. Also, I learned the hard way that "taking a piss (on someone)" is not at all like "taking the piss (on someone)". Ok, I really didn't learn that the hard way.

#artbydmcbride

I thought "arse" was a way for the rest of the country to get rid of all the unused " r's " from Boston... Big grin
                              It is great that you bumped this srlopez, 'cause this gem was completely overlooked the first time. Big grin Arses!

Runners run

Purdey

Self anointed title

I love a nice arse. What was this thread about?