Mapping Tool Question (Read 436 times)

I can't seem to be able to map based off the satellite imagery any longer - it reverts to the nearest road as it appears on the map view.  Most of the time this is fine, but in a couple of places where I do not run on the actual roads, it gives me some really screwy route mapping.  Is there something in my settings I need to adjust to fix this, or is this just something I'm stuck with from now on?  Thanks in advance!
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Is the "Follow Road" checkbox checked?  It needs to be unchecked when using sat imagery.

Trent said, "It needs to be unchecked when using sat imagery".

This is not necessarily true. It needs to be unchecked when you do not wish to follow roads (i.e. off-road).

I say this cause I use "follow roads" on satellite view regularly.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Correct, and that is what I understood the OP was trying to do.

That said, I have found follow road on sat imagery to be flaky.

I have seen no flakiness.

What I have seen to be flaky is to map a run on the map page, then check that same map out under satellite, and you have numerous errors, or flakiness.

I've not mapped but in hybrid or satellite since.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Is the "Follow Road" checkbox checked?  It needs to be unchecked when using sat imagery.

Yes, that was checked, so I guess that would explain it.  Thanks much!