Therapy Dog! (Read 457 times)

I know there are a lot of pet lovers on here so I just wanted to throw out a brag about our dog, Sassy. We took her through training courses over the summer to be a certified Therapy Dog and she passed the exam (it is similar to the K9 Good Citizens exam)! We received her official paperwork last week! IF you are not familiar with Therapy Dogs International, here is their website http://www.tdi-dog.org/ Basically this means that we can take her into hospices, nursing homes, schools, and other locations to provide emotional comfort to patients that are lonely or in need (it is strictly emotional support -- no physical support or therapy). Here is a picture of our girl!
    ---- Cynthia
    t_runner

There should be a "Look what my dog can do" forum here Smile What a beautiful girl she is, and that organization sounds like a great thing all around! You'll have to post back and let everybody know how the volunteering goes.
        That is awesome! Congratulations. Such a great looking dog. Smile

Michelle

madness baby

Wow, that's great! Sounds like Sassy will be appreciated for her work Wink
          deb
            That's very impressive! Great job Sassy. Therapy dogs require a lot of training and discipline - I'm sure you worked very hard on this accomplishment. Your dog must have a great and even temperament. My dog would fail miserably at being calm - talk about bad manners. Congrats!
              So cool! Smile Sassy is a lovely lady!
              2009: BQ?