California International Marathon Race Report (Read 631 times)

Wow, Callie! What an amazing story! You totally "qualified" in my book even if technically, you weren't under 3:40:59. I cannot believe how you stuck it out and got so very close! Every time I have felt like that in my previous races, I DID essentially give up by mentally giving up and walking a ton! You, on the other hand, kept the end goal in sight despite not being able to see the 3:40 pacer. AND, to top it all off, this is only your second marathon?!?!?!?! What I would have given to be able to be this close after only two attempts! Absolutely amazing! You did SO great! Smile And, you have a terrific and supportive family who came out to cheer you on!!! I always look at those "Go Mommy" signs with envy. My hubby and two kids always stay at home indoors while I travel for races. But at least they do let me off to go do my thing. Wink
      Wow! Congratulations! Just two marathons under your belt and you're running like a pro. Cool

Michelle

COngrats Callie!!! Awesome race!!!

Jennifer mm#1231

shonan marathon, girl

You are a great inspiration to all of us! AMAZING!! Have a good rest and get a massage!!

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!

Awesome job, Callie. Thanks for the report!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Fabulous perseverence. Way to go, Callie.
                Congratulations. I was there too. My first marathon. Great race report except that I was about 40 minutes behind you!

Me and my gang in Breck

Cool Report! You are such an inspiration! Congratulations on running a great race!

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

Another Passion

Amazing, Callie! You rock! Congratulations on the gutsy race you ran! Wink

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I haven't had much time for surfing RA lately, so I know I'm really late on this one but I just couldn't let it pass. That's a fantastic report on an amazing effort, sincere congratulations to you. With that remarkable PR I have no doubt that a BQ is yours for the taking.

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

American word - AWESOME - What a great report, and I was with you all the way (Well, maybe not in the bushes!).. Great time and so near to BQing, just shows that it's there next time. Best of luck and we'll be watching to see when you do it Smile
                          Thanks, everyone! I think the first week I spent more time TRYING to be okay with not qualifying than actually BEING okay woth it. But I've resigned myself to it now, and know that at least I've proven I am capable of BQing. It's nice to have that monkey off my back, and to know that it's not a matter of IF but of WHEN. Thanks again for all the kind words and support!
                          "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
                            (kind of long. Sorry! Blush ) Turns out, my official chip time was 3:41:11. I missed Boston by 12 seconds. Yeah. What can I say to that?
                            A fantastic outing! Congratulations. The BAA has been known to approve people who came "close" even though their explicit instructions tell you not to ask for any more than the :59 leway. There was a recent thread on a couple other sites where people who missed by far more than you got their entry accepted.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

I'm late to the party here. Congrats on your race. Small world I was at CIM and missed a BQ by 12 seconds as well! I ran a 3:21:11 too funny. I too have heard the BAA will let you in if you ask. The only question is whether or not you are willing to ask. I plan to finish the job at Surf City. I've done LA twice and have officially vowed to not return until the make the course not suck.
                              MM# 1477