How cozy is your house? (Read 607 times)

Keep it cool! More incentive to snuggle! Smile
    Funny thing about that. We own a sectional and my husband's favorite seat is the one end which has a divider, nobody can snuggle with him on the sofa! Drives me crazy. So when I do actually sit down to watch tv (which is rare) I end up being joined by my two youngest and we snuggle buried under the blankets.

Michelle

t_runner

68 when we're around 62 at night or when we're not around 68 is even a bit chilly for me! If I'm doing work around the house, I'm comfy. But if I'm just lazing around, watching TV, I need blankets, sweatshirts at 68. I just can't justify spending any more though!

I thought that we left ours at 55, but I looked at it the other day and realized that it goes down to 50. So we leave ours at 50-51 during the day and while we are sleeping. We might turn it up to 58 in the evening when we come home, but not always. We just wear sweaters and sweatshirts and use a lot of blankets.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Dog-Love

68 all of the time. Its getting so cold outside though that 68 feels pretty warm.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          GP160

We have the programmed thermostat as well. Usually 66 during the day and 68 at night and in the mornings. We have a little one too, so the heat needs to stay on. Every night we light a fire and that helps warm up the living room/kitchen. Keeps little man's room warm all night too! Smile
            Ironman Louisville 8-30-09

Sandi Sue

64 - 66 all the time. Run to win, are you kidding me? 50-51 degrees? That's cold! Even at 58 I would throw a fit. Wink

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

GP160

So we leave ours at 50-51 during the day and while we are sleeping..
                They are training to be Eskimos Wink
                Ironman Louisville 8-30-09
                btb1490

Funny thing about that. We own a sectional and my husband's favorite seat is the one end which has a divider, nobody can snuggle with him on the sofa! Drives me crazy. So when I do actually sit down to watch tv (which is rare) I end up being joined by my two youngest and we snuggle buried under the blankets.
                  Your husband's loss, I'm sure. In that case, crank up the heat!
                    66-67 pretty much all the time.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

NOW... Our night temp is 56 and our day temp is 67! My question here won me a degree!! Thank you everyone! Big grin

Michelle

75 during the day, 72 at night with the air conditioning... though I have a feeling this question wasn't directed towards my kind Big grin
                        Roll eyes 68 all the time

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

Another Passion

66 - 68 consistently, depending on how cold it feels in here. I'm about comfort and keeping the wife happy. Big grin Same goes for AC in the summer in terms of the comfort factor. No point in having it if you aren't going to be comfortable using it (heat or cold). It's worth the few bucks a month. That's my take anyway. Wink

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Run to win, are you kidding me? 50-51 degrees? That's cold! Even at 58 I would throw a fit. Wink
                            My wife and I are rarely home during the day, and when we are sleeping at night we have a lot of blankets, a nice thick quilt, each other, and a cat to keep us warm. In the morning, we just deal with it. We're too cheap to raise the temperature when we won't be home long enough to enjoy it.

Run to Win
                            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

heating is set to 68 from 5am to 7am and from 6pm to 10pm on weekdays and from 8am to 10pm at the weekend. the rest of the time it is off. during summer it barely ever comes on anyway as the house is naturally always warmer than that. in winter it can drop to around 55 overnight. never gets much colder (but then it never goes much below 40 outside)
                                66-68 all of the time. My friend's bf likes the therm set at 78! Surprised
                                2009: BQ?