No motivation NADA! (Read 990 times)

C-R

Bear- glad your back. Still planning the Mini in two weeks? Hope so.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I plan on walking it. 3 years ago I walked it in 3:40:05 so my goal is to walk it faster. NEXT year I plan on running it in 2:45 or less. Wife is already telling me NOT to run nex year!! She is worried about me. High blood pressure, diabetes and fat. But she lost her brother, her dad and her mom has knocked on Heaven's Gate TWICE since July. I just have to take it slow and show her I'll be ready BTW are you walking or running the mini? My Bib#3117 and I should be starting somewhere around Corral O

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

C-R

I'm running. No clue about my bib number but I signed up to finish in 2 hrs. No clue on my corral but my guess it will be somewhere around the statehouse or the Hyatt. Good to see you're walking. Take it easy and enjoy the surroundings, the bands and the conversation. Sorry to hear about your wife's recent family passings, but you can tell her that your excercise will help keep you around for her.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Another Passion

First run!!! NOT a good pace and only a mile with 3 recoveries an my shin HURT!!! But GAWD that was FUN!!!!
          Way to go, Gregg! Just go easy on the legs to start. Wink If your weather has finally turned as well, it will be nice enjoying more time out there. Keep it up!

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Another Passion

I plan on walking it. 3 years ago I walked it in 3:40:05 so my goal is to walk it faster. NEXT year I plan on running it in 2:45 or less. Wife is already telling me NOT to run nex year!! She is worried about me. High blood pressure, diabetes and fat. But she lost her brother, her dad and her mom has knocked on Heaven's Gate TWICE since July. I just have to take it slow and show her I'll be ready BTW are you walking or running the mini? My Bib#3117 and I should be starting somewhere around Corral O
            Awesome goals!

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Dh and I are still trying to figure out what to do about the mini. Sad After 6 weeks off with the flu this spring, there's no way we'll be running it. We haven't decided whether to walk it or switch over to the 5K. Our longest run so far has only been 6 miles so I don't know if walking 13 is a good idea. I just hate to miss it, you know? It would be nice to be able to slow down and take in all the sights. Last year we we're so focused on time that we didn't really notice all the bands and the people. My bib # is 39109. We would have been in a corral to finish in about 2 hours as well but if we're walking we'll probably start further back. I'll be looking for you guys! Teresa
                When I signed up it was for 2:50 as I reacall. But walking now. If you are walking it maybe we could all meet up and walk it together. BTW did mother nature wake you this morning? At 5:37AM tThe Finance Center rolled good for about 40 seconds. Then did it again at 11:17!!! I MOVED out of quake country to get away from them. HA!!!!!! I have never felt a 5.2 last that long or feel so strong so far from the epicenter and I have been in several big ones!!! Was in one that lasted a minute 5! Seemed like a week at the time

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire