Garmin 310x Communicator (Read 1502 times)

I got a message this morning that popped up when I was trying to download my run to RA saying that I needed to upgrade my Garmin communicator. I did that, and I know my run made it to Garmin Connect or wherever it goes with the ANT, but RA said no device is connected. I did not try logging off and back on yet. I'm gone from the ANT and that computer for a few days. Any ideas why RA isn't seeing my ANT or data? Thanks!!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

eric :)

Hi Karen,

Could you go to this page and see if it can detect your GPS?

http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/test/

It is not detecting it.  The data went to Garmin Connect but I can't get it to RA.   Thanks!

Damn Garmin.  I don't know what's going on.  Does anyone have this problem?

I'm fixed.  I couldn't get a pairing between the USB receiver (ANT) and my watch for some reason.  It happened overnight Thurs, but now it's OK.

Thanks!

It is hit or miss.  I get the data to Garmin Connect,but RA tells me there is no connected GPS.  I keep re-pairing, and sometimes I get it to see the GPS and get the data transferred.

I'm fixed.  I couldn't get a pairing between the USB receiver (ANT) and my watch for some reason.  It happened overnight Thurs, but now it's OK.

Thanks!

It is hit or miss.  I get the data to Garmin Connect,but RA tells me there is no connected GPS.  I keep re-pairing, and sometimes I get it to see the GPS and get the data transferred.

Have you checked the Garmin Forums?

I have a 310xt and had similar probelems with it in the past. I believe it had to do with the firmware for the Ant Agent but I'm not positive on that. I usually try to stay a step behind on firmware with my Garmins because they seem to be very buggy for awhile after they release a new version.

MTA: Check this thread outhttps://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?21899-310xt-ANT-agent-doesn-t-transfer-data-automatically , maybe it will help.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

lagwagon

I may be having a similar problem with my 610+Ant agent.  After my run this morning, my ant agent appeared to have a successful transmission, but RA didnt find the new workout for upload.

I was in a hurry so I didnt try creating a new (5 second) "workout" on the watch to see if it would link and transmit, will try this tonight.

Also, I'm not sure where Garmin saves the latest workout, but I did check the "history" folder in my apps/garmin directory (today's workout was not there), but I didnt poke around the other folders (ie, could it be "uploads pending" folder?)

I'm inclined to think its a Garmin issue, but thought I'd post here since it seemed similar to HStreet's problem.  Will try to fix it tonight.

What seems to be happening is that my ANT keeps getting dropped. I do a re-pair and close ANT Agent and if I'm lucky it sees the watch and transfers the data.  Then it's hit or miss if RA sees the device, which finally it did this morning.  This all started last Friday morning, so I don't know what is up.  I haven't gone to the Garmin forum yet.

Is it possible to disable the auto upload to Garmin Connect and upload to RA first?  Some have a theory that the failure occurs after GC grabs the data.

I'll try that.  Where do you disable it?

Is it possible to disable the auto upload to Garmin Connect and upload to RA first?  Some have a theory that the failure occurs after GC grabs the data.

Thats quite possible as I have that option disabled as well.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I'll try that.  Where do you disable it?

Right click on the Ant Agent icon in your tray, then click on "device settings" and click the appropriate box to disable sending to Garmin Connect.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Thanks, Burnt Toast. I'll try that.  Appreciate it!

alevansal

I am also having quite a lot of trouble with the ANT agent intermittently disabling and sometimes flat out crashing Windows.  The last couple of runs did finally upload to my computer, but I've had to use Running Ahead's upload from file feature to get them here, as Running Ahead tells me either 1)  No device detected, or 2) No new workouts.  So, I have now uninstalled the ANT agent, Garmin Connect, removed the entries from my registry, deleted all the folders left behind and am trying to reinstall everything from scratch.  My Garmin is currently transferring data, and it's taking awhile.  That's not unexpected, as I've not deleted any of my workouts since March.  But, I have no idea if these measures will help anything.

alevansal

I found the following thread in the Garmin forums:  https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?21899-310xt-ANT-agent-doesn-t-transfer-data-automatically

I've copied post #10 here - I did what Stig did and it seems to have resolved the issue for me.  I'll know for sure in a few days.

Originally Posted by AZBWILCOX

**Non-prompted non-vol clear:**
                                The unit must be turned off. Press and hold the LAP/RESET button then press and release the POWER button to turn the unit on. Now press and hold the ENTER and MODE buttons while continuing to hold the LAP/RESET button. Release the LAP/RESET button and the unit will reboot (it will look like it turns off). Wait a couple of seconds and then release the ENTER and MODE buttons. The unit will boot up again with a clear non-vol.

I would be curious if anyone can describe what happened immediately to them prior to getting into this problem state??  What firmware version were you running at the time?  Does my work around with the non-vol clear resolve the issue?

Bryan

I had the described problem.  FR310XT FW 4.20 / GAA 2.3.2
                                In addition to that the ANT agent did not delete all activities after transfer. Normally it left one activity pr. day, but that was not consistent either.
                                The problem with having to re-pair each time, occured first time after a Windows update, but I'm not sure that the update was the cause. (I'm running Win7).
                                I tried installing the GAA on another PC (also running WIn 7) and the behaviour was identical.
                                I also tried installing an older GAA with the same result.
                                Also I noticed that there were only three folders in the Devices\<deviceno>\ folder, namely FIT, Garmin Connet and History.
                                I then did the following:

• Non-prompted non-vol clear as described, and full startup procedure on the 310.
                                • Uninstalled GAA on the PC
                                • Deleted the device folder with all subfolders (I have a copy of both .fit and . tcx files on a separate drive)
                                • Removed all traces of GAA from the registry.
                                • Reinstalled GAA (latest version)
                                • Re-paired the 310

It now works like a charm.
                                Even the delete activities after transfer.
                                And, all relevant folders are present in the Devices\<deviceno>\ folder.

Stig