Any New Year's Eve 2009 Marathons? (Read 397 times)

I'm 22 and have been running for half my life. I'm right out of school and have had inconsistencies in my training, so my resolution is to run everyday (3 miles is my mininum). I now I can run a marathon, especially in 11 months. I know tons about running. I just want to find a marathon held December 31, 2009 (in the U.S.). Any help with that?
    >>==C-C==> 2009 Goals 4:14.9 - Mile 15:59 - 5000 26:59 - 5 Mile 1:15:00 - 1/2
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Run for the Ranch in Missouri, I think.

S&M Collector

Florida Marathon Clermont, FL Run for the Ranch Marathon Springfield, MO Last Chance Marathon Bellingham, WA I believe that the first two are actually held on Sunday, Dec. 30, while the one in WA is on NYE.
        Come across any cool medals lately?
        xor

Sorry, Run for the Ranch is not always on 12/31. This year (er... ok, now last year) it was 12/28 (I was supposed to go, but I was snowed in). That Clermont run is similar, never on New Years Eve unless it happens to match up with the weekend day they choose to have it. And it is a Saturday race usually... so this year (er, now last year), it was 12/27. Perhaps they'll move it for 2009. Last Chance in Bellingham... invented by my best friend and now RD'd by another friend... is the only race that I know of which actually occurs on 12/31 each year no matter what day of the week it is. The challenge with LC is that it is a tiny, tiny race. Only 50-60 people before it closes out. Which it will do by summer. If you are truly interested in it for next year and can commit to traveling to the NW corner of the US, then check it out and drop the RD some email. Good luck. Edited to add: there's also a funky race called "Across the Years". It is not a marathon... it is a 24 hour race... run as far as you can in 24 hours... but it is reliably on 12/31... and you can run 27 miles and stop. http://www.acrosstheyears.com