Run for the Fallen (Read 1338 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, I saw the route. They will run ~60 miles per day. Run with them. Then run home.
      Trent thanks for sharing this.. Im definitely in

Dave

You bet I'm in. Thanks for posting that Trent. August 22nd for me.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Trent, Do you have an update on this? I have a small group just north of Nashville interested in joining, dependinng on our numbers we thought it might be worth the drive to team up with the RA group. I never post here but truly enjoy the local members posts and running with you guys would be nice. If our group gets to large we will do the Cunningham to Nashville portion. I have contaced RFTF about that section, just wondering about the Nashville logistics. Thanks.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey, fire me an email. I am in Nashville and hoping to organize some local legs. I was actually about to send them an email.
              I looked at the route and it's not near me in New England. If anyone hears of them expanding it to other areas of the country, particulalry New England, drop me a line and I'm in. lphunter53@yahoo.com
              lph53, Same reaction here. If you find something put together for New England, let me know. michaelvitale@mac.com

A Saucy Wench

I believe in areas of the country that dont have the events, there is a specific date to go out on your own and run ...

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Hey, fire me dot com. I am in Nashville and hoping to organize some local legs. I was actually about to send them an email.
                  An email is heading your way. I sent an email to RFTF earlier in the week and still no response, I am sure they are very busy this close to launch so we may be relying on your leg for info, I apologize for that in advance. Thanks for the response.
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Here is what I received:
                    Hi Trent, Thank you so much for your email. We would love to have you join us in Nashville. To make that happen, what we would need first are the names and contact information (email and phone) for each of the runners who is interested in joining so that we can be in touch with important updates, etc. Most people who join us on the day of a run will join us for the first couple of miles along the route, running alongside members of the Run for the Fallen team. If you would like to join us for the whole day, let me know and we can talk about how to integrate you all into the run. Relay legs are generally between two and four miles in length; the speed of the leg depends on terrain, heat, etc and ranges between 7 and 9 minutes. Of course, we invite everyone to participate as they can. You will be responsible for transportation on the day of the run. Beyond contact information, in advance of the run - and on that day - it is important that your participation remain apolitical. On the day of the run, we would prefer that you wear a blank t-shirt free of logos or slogans. DO NOT wear a t-shirt or any other item of clothing that suggests or reflects your political affiliation. We will have Run for the Fallen t-shirts available if you would like to purchase a t-shirt on the day of your run. If your numbers are sufficiently large that you would like to purchase them in advance, let us know the number and sizes and where we can send the shirts. If you could send me the contact information for each of the runners who would like to join and on which days, that is a good place to start, and we can go from there. I look forward to hearing from you and we look forward to joining you on the road. ... Please do forward my contact information to runners: shauna@runforthefallen.org. Regarding last-minute entries, generally people who arrive on the day of the run will be encouraged to join at the start and to run for as long as they are able, alongside team members who will rotate described. All runners will need to sign a release form on the day they participate in the run. Best, Shauna
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So, if you are interested and from the Nashville area, please let me know but also feel free to send them your info.