Brooks Addiction 8 (Read 530 times)

Outside Lane

Just got fitted for some new shoes.  I have bad overpronation and fallen/flat arch with my left foot - and my right isn't a whole lot better.  My last pair of shoes were Saucony Progride Hurricane (11?) and I developed PF while running with them.  So I am hoping these Brooks shoes help me,  Anyone have any experience with Brooks Addiction (good or bad)?  Looking forward to a good 2010!

See how they run...

Member Since 2008

Not neccesarily that type, but Brooks have always held up well for me and lasted the longest.
        I was a wear tester for Brooks Addiction 8 and have since bought a couple of additional pairs.  I have flat feet, 6'1 165 pounds about 30 or so miles a week.  Used to run in asics evolution but newer models have not worked as well.  Definitely recommend the Addiction 8.  I have had sore knees and other minor issues at times with other shoes but never with Addiction 8.
        HappyFeat

I have about a dozen years experience with Brooks Addiction. It's quite a comfortable shoe. I have the 8 now which I rotate with a pair of 7's and they are identical. The Addiction has been the perfect shoe for me obviously. I have bad overpronation of the right foot particularly. I ultimately added orthotics into the picture due to a bout of PF.  Before that, I used the Superfeet insoles. Even with the right insoles though, you still have to have the right shoe. I have tried other shoes over the years just to see and have just wasted my money. None of them have ever been as good for my overpronation problem as the Addiction. Hope this input is helpful.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Outside Lane

Thanks to all for responding.  I have gone on 3 runs now with these new shoes and all is well.

See how they run...