Marathon this weekend in Piney Point, Maryland (Read 598 times)

Anyone running the marathon in Piney Point, Maryland this Sunday? I live in the area and will be running my first marathon. My marathon training went well. I did two 20's and a 22. No issues or injuries during training, so I think I'm ready Clowning around Gwin
    2007 Races: 5K: 25 minutes, 10 seconds 10K: 50 minutes, 31 seconds 2008 Races: Half Marathon: 1:55:45 (ZOOMA, Annapolis, MD) 10-Mile Race: 1:25:24 (Piney Point, MD) 2009 Races: Marathon: 4:44:22 (Piney Point, MD)
      Don't forget to set your clock ahead by an hour! Go out slow, and if you aren't sure you're going out slow enough, go slower. Take in the whole experience and enjoy the hell out of it, you only get one first. And take pictures, we LOVE race reports with pictures. Best of luck Gwin!

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Clowning around Yeah, it kinda sucks that the time changes the night before. I'll take lots of pictures. My first half marathon was a great experience and I'm hoping my first full is just as rewarding. Thanks, Gwin
        2007 Races: 5K: 25 minutes, 10 seconds 10K: 50 minutes, 31 seconds 2008 Races: Half Marathon: 1:55:45 (ZOOMA, Annapolis, MD) 10-Mile Race: 1:25:24 (Piney Point, MD) 2009 Races: Marathon: 4:44:22 (Piney Point, MD)

Oh Mighty Wing

I'll be there!!!! YEAH!!!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!
            You're ready so enjoy it. Don't forget to wave and smile to fool the spectators into doing this.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

xor

You're ready so enjoy it. Don't forget to wave and smile to fool the spectators into doing this.
              Spectators? At Piney Point? Neigh says the horse.

Oh Mighty Wing

Spectators? At Piney Point? Neigh says the horse.
                yeah i got the impression this was a very intimate race.
                xor

yeah i got the impression this was a very intimate race.
                  Is true. Everyone has to hug after. And I don't mean "like you'd hug your brother" either.

Oh Mighty Wing

Is true. Everyone has to hug after. And I don't mean "like you'd hug your brother" either.
                    does this mean i'll be getting to hug you??? Smile
                    xor

does this mean i'll be getting to hug you??? Smile
                      Not if you are at Piney Point. I'll be in Seattle. My race this weekend is in the little town of Snohomish. Which is fun to say, though not as fun as some of our other native names like Skookumchuck, Nooksack, or my personal fav Tillicum. (these are all real place names) To the original poster... GWIN! You're ready. Good luck and enjoy your first.

Oh Mighty Wing

Dang! Well good luck to you!!!! GWIN - YOU WILL DO AWESOME!!!!!!! Big grin
                          Yeah, it's a small race. I think they only allow 200 runners. Since it's a flat course and close to home, I figured it was a good first. I also did a 10-miler in that area and really enjoyed it. Thanks, Gwin