2014 NYCM Rejection Thread (Read 192 times)

drifter

I don't see anywhere that the time qualifier slots weren't filled up by a BQ-X type format.  They have guaranteed entry for those time qualifiers who run it in a NYRR race, and then they fill up their remaining spots with the other time qualifiers (with nothing saying they don't take the fastest qualifiers first, presumably adjusted based on their qualifying standards for different age groups).  It isn't nearly as transparent or clear as the BAA is with Boston, but the BAA must be clear because BQ-ing is how a majority of the runners make it to the starting line.  Like Mikey said, it does seem complicated.

This is all moot if drifter is in the 45-49 age group, then they're accepting NY-0:14, and not NY-0:30, then I agree with you guys.

Yes, I am 46. I also know a lady with 3:01 time rejected. It seems a true lottery.

But I am not supposed to complain, right?

xhristopher

I think they just don't like me. I didn't even get my promised email.

I got in with a 1:35 (Boston's Run to Remember)- and I am a 45 year old female - qualifying time was 1:37 for a half -

Ready, go.

Julia1971

I have to admit, I like that they make you guaranteed time qualify at NYCM.  That course if tough and the number of runners only makes it tougher.  Plus it seems very New York in my mind - if you want to earn it, you're gonna have to earn it here.

Sorry.  I realize this is the rejection thread.  Here's a sad emoticon:  

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

They turned me down, but it's their loss

I didn't even want to run their marathon anyways

Running is stupid

**Ask me about streaking**

Julia1971

Running is stupid

I didn't want to tell you but...  NYCM is cheating on you with 50,000+ other runners.  I'm sorry...  If you love something, set it free and maybe it'll come back to you?

Add me to your pathetic list.  That's four years in a row for me. Sad

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

DaBurger

But I am not supposed to complain, right?

Isn't complaining a key aspect of marathon training?  Correct me if I'm wrong, still kind of new at this  .

Know thyself.

Running is stupid

rejection haiku?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes