For Bostonians only - wicked pissah SuperBowl recovery help (Read 680 times)

I'd love to go to Fenway. I'm not even much of a baseball fan, but even I root for the Sox. Gotta root for the underdog. Maybe the Cubs will get a turn. And Gone Baby just happens to be the book I'm reading; I think I've read all (or at least most) of the rest of the series. But, uh, I had no idea it was a movie. Details, please. Who plays Patrick? No, who plays Angie? No wait - who plays Bubba Rogowski? If you answer any of that, por favor do not tell me what happens. I'm only halfway through the book. MTA: forget the above questions. Turns out there's actual information on the Internet. Who knew? Is it like a Massachusetts state law that the Affleck brothers get first dibs on every Bostonian part?
    I actually didn't see the movie in the theater. It might actually be out on DVD already. It got good reviews but,I think Casey Affleck's is youger than the character he portrayed. At least the Afflecks can do the Boston accent. Leonard Dicaprio's a good actor but, he didn't do a wicked good job on the accent in the Departed. If you're almost finished with Lehane's novels you might want to check out some books by author James Lee Burke. He's written a series of novels about a detective name Dave Robicheaux, a hard-boiled,ex-cop,recovering alcoholic type that lives in New Iberia, Louisiana. The stories are all pretty good & Burke has Lehane's talent for writing about a place & making you feel like you've actually been there. As for Fenway Park, going to a ballgame in Boston should be on everybody's checklist of things to do once before they die. The seats are uncomfortable & everything is too damn expensive (although they've got Guinness on tap,which is never a bad thing), but the place rocks & the Sox are rarely dull. Just don't run out onto the field.