Boston Indoor Games (Read 389 times)

I have a lot of photographs and a few videos from the track meet last night, so I'll throw some links in here as I get things together for anybody interested in professional track. The first thing I got put together was Jenn Stuczynski's attempt at the world record after setting the american pole vault record at 15' 9.75": http://news.runtowin.com/2009/02/08/jenn-stuczynski-attempts-the-world-pole-vault-record.html Video is ~2 and a half minutes long and includes some still shots of her setting the AR in between her WR attempts.

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Photos are up: http://flickr.com/photos/runtowin/sets/72157613497161833/ Anybody that enjoys tagging photos I'd be appreciative if you added a few as you look at the photos. I got through some of them but it'll be a few days before I can get through all of them, and if there are existing tags that's that much easier for me later. Big grin Here are a few of my favorites: Checking the jumbotron to see how big her lead is and how much she has to work: Nick Symmonds is a character; he just won the 1k here: Shalane Flanagan was just told she lost the 5k (a few minutes later they announced by how much: 0.005 seconds.) I met Jenn in college when she was a sprinter at Roberts Wesleyan, now she's a world class pole vaulter:

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Feeling the growl again

I caught it on TV, I ran on that track for the USATF Championships one year. It's an awesome surface, I never thought an indoor track could feel that fast.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Shalane Flanagan was just told she lost the 5k (a few minutes later they announced by how much: 0.005 seconds.)
          I guess technically speaking it could get closer, but not really. Ouch.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.