Calf sleeves (Read 1231 times)

Scout7

I don't wear them.

I have read of people who do, mostly of the triathlete set (bunch of gearheads).  They swear it helps them recover after hard workouts.  There is no evidence to support the idea that they provide any benefit to wearing them during training/racing (other than maybe keeping you warm) outside of anecdotal.

They could aid in recovery from hard training efforts.  I know they use them to help with varicose veins.  You can go to a drug store and get them pretty inexpensively; they do the same thing.

Personally, I take the approach that if your training is dialed in, you should not have a whole lot of need for that sort of thing.  But that's my personal perspective.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I know they use them to help with diabetes. 

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I'm certain my training isn't dialed in...and I'm new at this and I'm chubby and I'm sure my form is wrong...but they make my legs feel better so I wear them. I don't deal with shin splints as much now and they help my tight calves. I can't speak to which brand is best. I have 2 pair of Zensah's and I've been happy with them.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Thanks. Smile

The ones I wear actually make my legs feel better, too.  I just didn't know if they could feel even better than that....and even if it's psycological, I'll still take it. But I don't think it is.

lol...

someday, almost all of us will be there and wearing compression socks because our feet and lower limbs are cold.  Then, who will be laughing?

Me.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Me.

Those legs look primed for zensah!   Hey, that looks like a garmin!  

I don't think those legs will be cold ever.

Lazy idiot

It took me a minute to realize that you weren't talking to me directly with this sentence. Big grin  Or at least I hope you weren't....

Thanks for the input.

I weren't.  I should have used "one" instead of "you".

Tick tock

A Saucy Wench

.  Zensah (to me) looks like it gives the same sort of benefits while allowing you to look as cool as possible with compression hose on your legs.

And it is about looking cool.  Or in my case since mine are bright bright red and the last race at the last second I changed to my bright bright orange t shirt it is about being able to be seen for miles.

I will tentatively say that I seem to have a bit less achilles achiness when I wear them, but since this is a come and go type issue for me, its hard to draw any conclusions as yet.  

It was really nice since my race was at that inbetween temp to have the calf sleeves

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I like the Zensahs.  They come in neat colors and they feel good.  I have worn them in a few races, but mainly wear them (even to work) after a long or hard run.  They feel good on my legs just as a nice warm sweatshirt feels good.  Does it help my recovery?  Who knows.  I just like the way they feel.  My doctor son in law told me I could do just as well with the hospital compression hose, but they aren't nearly as cool looking.   Cool looking and comfortable- AND, Zensah is really good about Tweeting.  What more could you want?

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Well, I do want to look cool.....
                        Scout7

Sorry, I'm hopped on cold medication. 

kcam

If you wear them to work after running in them then the Zensah may provide some benefit over cheaper alternatives.  The fabric is interwoven with strands of silver which is supposed to help fight odor-causing bacteria.  I have hiking socks that have some silver strand fabric and can confirm it does seem to reduce the uberstank over normal socks.

I like the Zensahs.  They come in neat colors and they feel good.  I have worn them in a few races, but mainly wear them (even to work) after a long or hard run.  They feel good on my legs just as a nice warm sweatshirt feels good.  Does it help my recovery?  Who knows.  I just like the way they feel.  My doctor son in law told me I could do just as well with the hospital compression hose, but they aren't nearly as cool looking.   Cool looking and comfortable- AND, Zensah is really good about Tweeting.  What more could you want?