One Race a Month - CHALLENGE - March (Read 717 times)

Think Whirled Peas

Hopefully I can. I have another 5K at the beginning of April and then a pretty flat one at the end of April - maybe during one of those. I didnt mean to take your post away from you either, just wanted to do it while it was on my mind - otherwise I would have totally blanked out on it. Jeff
    No problem! I just totally forgot about it. I appreciate it, actually. February was not the best month for me, running-wise. Trying to get back on the horse for March though! Well good luck on the sub-20 charge. It's one of my longer term goals. I'll be trying to break 22 this year. To start it was to break 23, but I did that in January! Smile

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Jimmy/Gunny, Several RA folk will be at Grasslands...I'll be working the start/finish area from the wee hours on race day until about 1 pm... ask any of the volunteers for Lynn...love to meet you. If you're interested in trail running in the North Texas area, we have a group called North Texas Trail Runners (about 250 strong). Lynn B
      Lynn, I will be bringing some friends from the Marine Corps Marathon forum with me. I am originally from Texas and will be visiting my big sis in Gordon Tx that week and was looking for a race for March. My work schedule is throwing monkey wrenches in the goal of a marathon a month for March but this one lucked upon me. I would love top meet you and will look you up. Quick question, looking at your stat we are the same size and speed give or take a bit. What shoe do you recommend for a 180 pound very neutral runner?

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

You'll ruin your knees!

I am also a neutral runner and have been using Saucony Grid Trigon 3 Ride lately (2nd pair) for the roads and alternating between Inov8 Rocklite 320's and Montrail Hardrocks for the trails. I'm probably not going to get any more of the Hardrocks after this pair is done (5th or 6th pair), as they have made some modifications that I am not satisfied with. If you're asking for Grasslands, your road shoes will be fine out there. If it's been dry the week or two before, you'll see a good bit of sand in areas...as in beach running for 200-300 yards at a stretch. If it's wet, it's nasty muddy! Either way, you'll have a great time...the race is put on by my club and we have lots of great help out there for the runners. I look forward to meeting you and your friends! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I'm hanging in...ran the Lost Dutchman Marathon (3:44:25) in February, Little Rock Marathon (3:39:35)March 2 and the local Dublin Dash 5K (24:33) today.
          Masters 2000 miles
            Ran my 8k! Finished way faster than I expected: 32:17! MTA: Chip times were posted: 32:13!

sean

Think Whirled Peas

Ran my 8k! Finished way faster than I expected: 32:17!
              DAMN SEAN!!!! Nice race! Smokin' fast!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Thanks PoQ!

sean

pokey52

I'm still in. I'll fill in the blanks after New Bedford on Sunday 3/16. I'll be the one chasing Go Grammy all the way.

Bugs

Running once race a month sounds like an easy goal, until you are sick. I have been struggling with bronichits and I have a 10 mile race on Saturday. Doc gave me an inhaler, it's going to be a painful two hours but I'm going to do it.

Bugs

Bugs

Running a race sick is not fun. Miles 3-10 all hard. Felt better at the end of both my marathons. Finish time: 1:34. Just glad to have March in the books. Everybody stay healthy, there's some nasty virusus running amuck.

Bugs

I am still in, ran my race today in fact: 1.) 3/16/08 2.) Atlantic Station - Midtown - Atlanta 3.) ShanRock 'N Roll 10k 4.) 10k 5.) 48:03 6.) My goal was actually two fold. The only reason I ran this race was to get a qualifying time for the Peachtree Road Race. I had a goal of getting sub 55 because that is what I needed to get a decent seeded spot. I had a secret goal of sub-50, but really didn't think I would be able to do it because of how my training has been going lately. Well - we see how that went! Whooo Hooo! I will post it in the next few minutes. I also posted a race report on my blog and over here
                        "Better to take the slow approach then the no approach."
                        My Quest to a Marathon blog.262quest.com
                          Running a race sick is not fun. Miles 3-10 all hard. Felt better at the end of both my marathons. Finish time: 1:34. Just glad to have March in the books. Everybody stay healthy, there's some nasty virusus running amuck.
                          I ran a 5K Saturday morning and it took me about 1minute and a half longer then normal to finish. I have had that chest cough and high temperature bug going around. This mornings run was much better but a little concerned about my marathon next weekend. Good job on the run but I do understand about trying to race with a rocovering body. Rest easy and good luck in April. Jimmy

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

Race 2 for March yesterday - Martinborough Round the Vines Half Marathon. It was off road for about 2/3rds of the way and really pretty. Lots of walkers on the 2nd lap made it quite hard (but fun seeing all the amazing costumes) I ran 1.41.22 but it was definitely short. My garmin measured 20.5km. Because of that i'm not going to enter it into the virtual racers thingy. It was good though - and I'm so happy with the time.
                            pokey52

Another month gone. Here goes. 3/16/2008 New Bedford, Ma. New Bed Ford Half Marathon 13.1 miles 2:16:04 My goal was a PR for this ccourse/distance but I missed it by about 30 secs. I guess it gives me a reason to do it again.
                              go grammy

Missed one in February due injury. Made New Bedford Half. 3/16/08 New Bedford, Ma New Bedford Half Marathon 13.1 2:16:07 Goal was to finish strong and I did it. On to the next.