Sunburst Hall of Fame to Notre Dame - anyone in? (Read 420 times)

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

I'm registered along with some of my run group. Has anyone done this race? Any advice/thoughts? Doing the Half...
    March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
    xor

It is HOT. The finish is cool (as in 'interesting'. Still HOT)

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

Looking forward to the finish in Notre Dame's stadium (though really an avid Colorado fan). The finish helped me recruit the running group to join me. One of them mumbled something about being conceived on ND's campus which was more than I needed to know...
        March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
          I did it last year and it was hot and very humid. I may do it again, but the course is a little goofy. There are two spots where you do a complete turn around, which i hate. A little hilly, but not bad. Great finish as year hear the fight song as you go through the tunnel and into the stadium. It seemed to be well organized and overall is worth doing again, but I have a wedding in ohio that day so not sure if I will do it.
          Goals: 20 5k 1:35 Half Marathon 3:30 Marathon
          C-R

I've run the half in prior years. Course is ok (it is SB afterall - not exactly Big Sur) and support is good. It can be very hot and humid but SB weather is unpredictable (could be 35 and raining just as easy). I'm running the marathon with a couple of friends so here's hoping for good racing weather.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/