IE 8 Upload (Read 1049 times)

eric :)

I've got the same problem too. Using Firefox doesn't help so as Eric says it must be that pesky new plugin Cry Eric, will this error message help maybe?
    That pretty much confirmed my suspicion. The 2.7.1.0 doesn't seem to be backwards compatible. There are two pieces of software to make this work. The plugin that you install on your browser is one of them. The other piece is also provided by Garmin but is downloaded from RA. It looks like these two pieces are no longer compatible with 2.7.1.0. I'm not thrilled about it because after I fix it, I need to keep computers for the old and the new versions of this plugin. It also supports my believe that Garmin produces crappy software.

Just Happy to Run

I tried guessing the download link for the prior version and it didn't work. If they kept prior versions available to download I'd just us the one that works with RA... Did anyone keep the install exe for the older plugin version? 2.6.something(4?).
      Jason

2010 Goals
      • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles

jwwl, If the problem is with the new plugin, I should be able to have a fix in the next couple of days. In the mean time, you can download it to Training Center and then upload the TCX file.
        Brant

Thanks, Eric. I'm with everyone else. It seems to be the new version of the Garmin plugin. -Brant
          Chris UK

Been struggling to get this working on my new laptop although it has always worked fine on my desktop. Since reading this I have deleted the new garmin plugin (which I had downloaded for the new laptop installation) and gone back to the older version. My Garmin (Forerunner 305) bleeped and fired up straight away so it is definitely an issue with the new Communicator plugin. You can still get the older v2.6.2 here - http://download.cnet.com/3001-12512_4-10907062.html?spi=cb7205299874b7ecdfb60863d1f24c5f

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Hi guys, Here's what I know. Plugin version 2.7.1 is the culprit. It is encountering an error condition that I cannot resolve. I sent an email to Garmin regarding the problem. Hopefully, they can fix this problem soon. Coincidentally, Garmin recommends that websites specify the exact version of the plugin that they support, which leads me to believe that they have no intention of maintaining backwards compatibility. In the mean time, I added a bit of code to restrict the GPS importer to use version 2.6.4 only. If you have version 2.7.1, you need to uninstall it and install version 2.6.4. eric :-)

Imminent Catastrophe

You might be able to find the original .tcx file from when you uploaded the data. That would let you skip exporting it from GTC. I know where they stash the files on a MAC but not on a PC.
                Where do they stash the files on a Mac? I've had a heck of a time trying to find them...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

...Garmin produces crappy software.
                  Hahahahahahahahaaaa! Big grinBig grinBig grinBig grinBig grin What was your first clue? Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Hahahahahahahahaaaa! Big grinBig grinBig grinBig grinBig grin What was your first clue? Big grin
                    Ssssh!!! We want them to fix the problem Wink
                    ymmv

Where do they stash the files on a Mac? I've had a heck of a time trying to find them...
                      /Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Garmin/Devices/some big number/History/ /Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Garmin/Devices/some big number/Garmin Connect/Pending Uploads/ 'some big number' will be unique to your garmin device. Pending Uploads holds the files until they are uploaded to Garmin Connect, at which point they are moved to History.
                        would a mass of RA users emailing garmin to complain help??

Just Happy to Run

would a mass of RA users emailing garmin to complain help??
                          We should do more than email them... we should all hit them over the head with a...
                          Ssssh!!! We want them to fix the problem Wink
                          oh... right. Big grin
                          Jason

2010 Goals
                          • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles
                          Brant

Eric, Thanks so much for looking into this. I guess my original subject for this thread of "IE 8 Upload" should be changed. BTW, the old plug in (as you pointed out) works fine for me. -Brant
                              Mine will work fine for a couple of days and then get stuck at various percentages. This morning I had to close (with ControlAltDelete) Firefox about 4 times and restart everything before I got the whole 100% uploaded. Once it hangs, it seems to hang Firefox. It always recognizes the Garmin and starts uploading, it just stops. I've had this problem for several weeks. It will work for a couple of days and then back to hanging. Not sure if this is the same problem we are addressing here. Thanks, Eric, for all your work. It is really a wonderful thing most of the time.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

HStreet, Your problem sounds like it can be fixed with the hard reset. Hold down the Mode and Reset button for several seconds. Hopefully that fixes the problem for you. eric :-)