Dress Shoes (Read 2253 times)

Plus in terms of being taken seriously your shoes are more important than your suit, your tie, your watch combined.

For the first time ever on RA, someone expressed a concern about being taken seriously.

You'll ruin your knees!

Those smell great. 

...heh!

Cole Haan makes great shoes and I have many miles in a couple of pairs of them.  I was working a lot in Chicago (downtown) a few hears and I had to move to softer soles for knee comfort and have had good success with Ecco branded shoes... they are very comfortable, last a long time and look good after several years of hard use.  If I were in the market today for dress shoes, I'd seriously consider Clarks

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I own the Ecco Berlin bicycle toe.  They're very comfortable and have stood up longer than other shoes I've owned.

I can't comment on Allen Edmonds shoes, but their leather belts with the stitched loop end for buckles are very durable.

Vim

I seem to recall reading in Born to Run that the president of Rockport ran a marathon in a pair of their dress shoes to prove a point. 

This is all I have to offer; as a grad student, I have no need for such materialistic concerns.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac