Stretches for a strained hamstring? (Read 470 times)

Man in Tights

Hi any good ideas or suggestions for quick recovery?
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Well, if it's strained, you DON'T want to stretch it. At least until it heals. There's always RICE - rest, ice, compression, elevation. However, there's some differing of opinion on the rest part. For me, I've preferred more active recovery - vigourous walking and/or EXTREMELY EASY jogging. You'll have to listen to your body and decide if that works for you. But the one thing you should be sure to do is massage, whether it's done by yourself or someone else. Massage breaks up scar tissue, and promotes more bloodflow to the region, which aids in healing. When I have a chance, I'll find and post my link to favorite hammie exercises to be done after you've healed.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Prince of Fatness

I agree with Globule. Massage and active recovery. Little or no stretching, and definitely no stretching unless warmed up. Walk or jog, just don't go past the point of pain. Here's a strengthening exercise. Lay flat on your back with your knees bent at 90 degrees and your heels on a bench or chair. Picture a sitting position but you are on your back. Lift your butt off of the ground then lower it back down. Do a few sets of 10 for starters. After you get used to it you can do one leg at a time if you want. You'll definitely feel this in the hammies.

Not at it at all. 

Hi any good ideas or suggestions for quick recovery?
          If it is truly your hamstring, don't stretch! RICE helps. And running. Lots and lots of easy running with a short stride healed mine. Good luck!