Hood to Coast? (Read 624 times)

A Saucy Wench

I picked up our team packet today. Later start than we would have liked 1:30 pm start which means approx a 7:30 pm finish (the next day) Anyone else running?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

kcam

I wish I was! It looks like a great race. I did my first long-distance relay race a few weeks ago - Great Lakes Relay in Michigan. One of the best running experiences of my life. Have fun, race well.
      Jill_B

I fly.

I did the NH version a few years ago (actually, like 7 years ago at this point) - it was a blast! Have fun!

Bring it on.

I am running hood to coast next week.! My team has a start time of 1:15 and should get into seaside around 6:30 on Sat. I was suprised by our start time. We usually start before 10:30am. I am running leg 3 and this will be the 4th year running it. Good luck to your team!

A Saucy Wench

I am running hood to coast next week.! My team has a start time of 1:15 and should get into seaside around 6:30 on Sat. I was suprised by our start time. We usually start before 10:30am. I am running leg 3 and this will be the 4th year running it. Good luck to your team!
            Due to the bug in the system our start was bumped up to 11:30 --whew. Our teams must be around the same pace though. I'm doing leg 5. This is my 3rd in 4 years, I missed a year when I was preggo.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I am running it again this year. My team starts at 3:15 (Oreo Speedwagons). We had a blast year and we only had 9 people on our team. Running 4 legs verses 3 was not too bad. We added one runner this year so we are up to 10! I have some tough legs due to how we picked who runs 3 or 4 times - 9, 19, and 29. Leg 9 is easy - 19 is constantly rolling and 29 is just plain straight up for 3.6 miles (600 feet of elevation gain). UGH. See you in Seaside. Kevin
              Don't let the fat fool you .....

A Saucy Wench

I am running it again this year. My team starts at 3:15 (Oreo Speedwagons). We had a blast year and we only had 9 people on our team. Running 4 legs verses 3 was not too bad. We added one runner this year so we are up to 10! I have some tough legs due to how we picked who runs 3 or 4 times - 9, 19, and 29. Leg 9 is easy - 19 is constantly rolling and 29 is just plain straight up for 3.6 miles (600 feet of elevation gain). UGH. See you in Seaside. Kevin
                Oh yeah, 29 is mine too! Have fun!

Menace to Sobriety

sounds like fun, good luck

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Oh yeah, 29 is mine too! Have fun!
                    Good luck on leg 29. I remember driving up that section last year and it was one switch back after another. Luckily our strongest runner had that leg last year and she made it look easy. Not sure I will continue that tradition but we will see what happens. What is your team name? Who knows - might see you out there. We will have lots of Oreos!!!!! Kevin

A Saucy Wench

Smells like Team Spirit. Our vans are always marginally decorated. Probably a few bad puns and that is about it. Yeah I cant decide if I am looking forward to that leg or not. I am usually an ok climber and a good decender, but on the last leg it is questionable. Not happy that every time I check the forecast the temperature goes up 6 degrees.

I know - leg 29 is one of the tougher assignments. The way I look at it - I can do anything for 3.6 miles. Just need to hang on to get through that part. I am sure my legs will be cooked when I get to the top so I will not be able to make up too much time on the 2.6 mile downhill. I am leaving 90 degrees and 75% humidity in North Carolina so the Oregon weather looks great. I just hope we do not have any significant rainfall.