How to pick up running chicks? (Read 894 times)

SubDood

It's all about the pick up line.  Just make it running related.

Riffing on SubDood's greeting to rhr:  "What's a nice girl like you doing in a race like this?"

"I'm calling the police because you're running away with my heart."

"Who needs a monitor? One glance at you and I've reached HRmax."

Or this variation on a classic: "Your pace or mine?"

Here's a pick-up line to avoid: "What color are your shorts -- Manatee Grey?"

Kalsarikännit

1.  Say hi.

2.  Be faster than me.

3.  Don't be wearing triathlon clothes.  (No nut hugging spandex).

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

RunnerRonny

I wear striped thermals and can run 10k in 38 minnits, and marathons in sub 3.30.

TJoseph

I wear striped thermals and can run 10k in 38 minnits, and marathons in sub 3.30.

Well there you go.  McMillan says you should be sub 3:00 with a 38 minute 10K.  The thermals are clearly getting soaked with sweat and slowing you down on longer races.  I am sure the women are just embarrased for you and feel uncomfortable approaching you in that condition.

Julia1971

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.  I was going to suggest he make his log public so we could see why he's underperforming at the longer distances but it could just be the thermals.  The ladies might be picking up on the fact that he's not living up to his athletic potential and that's turning them off.

Well there you go.  McMillan says you should be sub 3:00 with a 38 minute 10K.  The thermals are clearly getting soaked with sweat and slowing you down on longer races.  I am sure the women are just embarrased for you and feel uncomfortable approaching you in that condition.

Kalsarikännit

It's all about the pick up line.  Just make it running related.

Riffing on SubDood's greeting to rhr:  "What's a nice girl like you doing in a race like this?"

"I'm calling the police because you're running away with my heart."

"Who needs a monitor? One glance at you and I've reached HRmax."

Or this variation on a classic: "Your pace or mine?"

I'd like to make you a nutritious, but not too heavy, pre-run breakfast. Shall I call you or nudge you?

That's a fantastic running outfit, it would look great on my bedroom floor.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Julia1971

I'd like to make you a nutritious, but not too heavy, pre-run breakfast. Shall I call you or nudge you?

I like this one.

Another spin on a classic: "Are you tired?  Because you've been running Yasso 800s at your goal marathon pace in my head all night".

Revenge of the Nerd

That's a fantastic running outfit, it would look great on my bedroom floor.

If I say you have a beautiful runner's body will you hold it against me?

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

SubDood

...  I was going to suggest he make his log public so we could see why he's underperforming ....

Tip #2: Do not make your "log" public.

But that's the best way to prove someone is "under performing," right?

Tip #2: Do not make your "log" public.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                      Emil Zatopek

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I ran by a guy on the street once and he made some weird "mmmmmm" noise and then said "girl, you're going to be running through my dreams tonight," and whistled. That worked really well for me.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Am I doing this right?

Or just stick with the classic:

Nice shoes, wanna f**k?

No excuses....

What if she's a barefoot runner?

Does, "Nice feet, wanna f*ck?" work?

Or just stick with the classic:

Nice shoes, wanna f**k?

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                            Emil Zatopek

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I didn't notice that running barefoot made the chicks flock to me, so I switched to the suave and stylish Vibrams.  Huh, they're still not flocking. Confused

RunnerRonny

The sub 3.30s are off road races with 2k gain in them.