training for a 10k question (Read 865 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey Folks! I'm A-OK!
    His hand looks disproportionately large compared to the rest of him. Lucky for Mrs. Galloway.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

His hand looks disproportionately large compared to the rest of him. .
      It looks relatively proportional to his fivehead.

I purchased this book about a month or so ago.....and its really good....Very informative and something I would recommend to anyone that is floating along and wants to really improve his/her speed.......
        I also like this book.
        Jeff Galloway has helped more runners learn to run then just about anyone....
        I agree, however whether these people would have learned how to train better without him is open to interpretation. There are several published authors who cater towards the same style of runner as Jeff Galloway does. John Bingham, though slightly more hokey than Galloway, offers information that is at least consistent. Hal Higdon and Joe Henderson have been writing since the beginning of time and both offer the same type of product as Galloway.
        don't think I could call anyone that is as accomplished as he is a moron.......
        Okay, what about "crook"? Setting aside the fact that his books read like Sen. Stevens trying to explain the internet, he has outright lied about the results of his methodology several times. Unfortunately, the "Galloway Whopper Watch" website that Scott Douglas put up a few years ago is no longer live, but at least this LRC thread lives on: http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?board=1&thread=6042&id=6096 There have been several examples of this type of funny-business claimed by Galloway. Oh wait, I forgot about archive.org! Here it is: http://web.archive.org/web/20060501041803/http://www.scottdouglas.biz/whopperwatch.htm
        Might not agree with everything that he says,
        I don't agree with everything Jeff Galloway says, but then again, if you actually keep up with what he says, not even Jeff Galloway agrees with half the stuff Jeff Galloway says.
        I incorporate a lot of Jeff Galloway's principles in my runs (especially the Run/Walk/Run method for the longer weekend run)....
        Congratulations, but Jeff Galloway did not invent walk breaks. People have been walking since the beginning of time.
        I think you hear/read what lots of people/coaches have to say and take what you think YOU can use from any and create your running plan......I think Jeff Galloway is 'A-OK'....
        I totally agree with you, and this is why it is important to have consistent and high quality information which is validated through science and race results and not 9 books of derivative, inconsistent drivel designed to scam newbies out of their money.
        For message board success, follow these three easy steps in the correct order: 1) Read, 2) Comprehend, 3) Post.

My prewash:)

You are too funny Tanya!! Thanks for the book info...My goal is to run about a 50:00 race. We will see. I have tried running too fast before and ended up with injuries. I am really just happy to be on the road again! Smile

"Carpe Diem"

Congratulations, but Jeff Galloway did not invent walk breaks. People have been walking since the beginning of time.quote> Australopithecuswalking. Guarantied PR
            MrH

not even Jeff Galloway agrees with half the stuff Jeff Galloway says.
              Pfft .... Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative ~ OW

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

You are too funny Tanya!! Thanks for the book info...My goal is to run about a 50:00 race. We will see. I have tried running too fast before and ended up with injuries. I am really just happy to be on the road again! Smile
                I am sorry for screwing up your thread.
                For message board success, follow these three easy steps in the correct order: 1) Read, 2) Comprehend, 3) Post.

Why is it sideways?

Pfft .... Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative ~ OW
                  Dude you are incorrigible. Which is why I'm beginning to like you.

My prewash:)

Well at least ya'll had fun Wink!!

"Carpe Diem"