Brooks Radius 7 ? (Read 2550 times)

I guess they stopped making it? Anyone know? Is it now called the Brooks Glycerin 7 ? The last time I bought shoes (237 miles ago) the guy at my running store told me they no longer made them, and I tried some Soconey. I don't like them as much. Just wondering since I need to shop.

- Anya

jayvee33

Yes, Brooks stopped making the Radius. I think the Defyance is closer to a replacement for the Radius. I've never tried the Glycerine but it seems to be more of a "maximum cushioning" shoe (and more expensive). I have a narrower foot and the Defyance fits me a little better than the Radius.
        Yes, Brooks stopped making the Radius. I think the Defyance is closer to a replacement for the Radius. I've never tried the Glycerine but it seems to be more of a "maximum cushioning" shoe (and more expensive). I have a narrower foot and the Defyance fits me a little better than the Radius.
        Thanks, I guess I just have to check it out. I hate when they discontinue your shoe!!!!!!!!!!

- Anya

AnneCA

Ha! I am a Radius runner, and was also sold on a Saucony as a replacement (in my case, the ProGrid Ride --what'd you get?). I thought the Defyance didn't feel nearly as cushioned as the Radius. I hated the Saucony at first, and was able to find some Radius online. But then at some point I tried the Saucony again, and really liked it. So that's what I'm running in now, but I do still have another pair of end-of-the-line Radiuses waiting in a shoebox for me. At some point I'm going to have to make the move away from them permanently, and at least my current experience with the Sauconies assures me that I will be able to find a replacement.

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I like to try all kinds of shoes, with that said I do tend to run more in Brooks. I've used the Radius 6, 7 and the Glycerin 5. Of the three, the Glycerins were great right out of the box. I would say they are my favorite shoe so far. The Radius are not as cushioned as the Glycerin but still a good ride. Just like Anne and yourself, I also got a pair of the Saucony Progrid Rides. They were the worst shoes out of the box I've tried. They took 50 or 60 miles before they were comfortable. I've run two marathons in them now with over 280 miles logged and still going . You some times have to give em a little time.
              My Saucony's are Pro Grid Ride. What's weird, yesterday, I felt something on the ball of my foot. I thought maybe my sock was twisted or balled up. Mid way through my run, I took the shoe off , but it was not my sock. It was the shoe. It has developed a bump on the cushion. I don't know, maybe it's always been there. Oh, and the right shoe always feels too tight but I tie it the way I always do.. It's just weird... Thanks , I'll check out the other Brooks out.

- Anya

jovyarcher

better check the other brooks shoes like the Beast and Addiction. Glycerins are extremely good because of the cushioning and comfort it gives to the runner.