activity streak? (Read 611 times)

Beware, batbear...

I like the run streak feature, however, if I run every day I get injured.  Any thoughts about an activity streak?

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

First - you should only run every day if your body will let you.     If you want to run everyday and get a long activity streak, then you have to be careful about how many miles per day and how fast you run...   Some days still have to be rest days, so you could run something like 2 miles slow slow pace and walk one minute every after 5 minutes of running or something like that....

I have 19 days right now, but its not unusual for me to have some really really slow easy miles on my 3 mile days........

Error on the side of caution --- and there really isn't anything special about running a long streak.....and especially if it leads to injury...

Just like increasing your miles, running every day (to me) is the same building process...when I started back runnin (Mar 2008) I ran  4 days per week.....then by august 5,  in Dec 6 and now I only miss one or two days per month ... but I couldnt do it when I was running 20 MPW...cause my legs got too tired...now that I have my mileage up into the 40s...its a lot easier....

The more miles you put in the easier it is to streak (least thats my experience)...

Champions are made when no one is watching

Beware, batbear...

Yeah, I tried just running a mile or so on rest days, but it seems my body doesn't like that, so I'm going with swimming on rest days instead.  That's why I'd like an activity streak so that I can feel good about stringing together a long streak of doing SOMETHING every day.

ymmv

Yeah, I tried just running a mile or so on rest days, but it seems my body doesn't like that, 

If I made any decisions based on how I feel in the first 2 miles of a run, I would probably decide to give up running every single time!

If I made any decisions based on how I feel in the first 2 miles of a run, I would probably decide to give up running every single time!

Pretty good point -- it takes me at least a mile to get comfortable and sometimes more.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Beware, batbear...

It's not that I feel bad during the runs, it's that I ended up injured once I went for a longer run again.

jeffdonahue

I like the run streak feature, however, if I run every day I get injured.  Any thoughts about an activity streak?

I run every day, but I still need a rest day so at least once a week I need to just do a 1-2 mile really super easy day that really doesnt tax the legs at all.'

When I started, what I did was to just run my regular routine that I had, but on the days I would normally not run I just did that - ran exactly one mile.  After a while I increased it to two miles, but still do one milers quite a bit to get some rest for the legs.

Currenlty I am at 500+ days in a row.  Come see our group at:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/

Best of luck

Jeff