Who's doing Hyannis? (Read 957 times)

Tons of Hyannis photos by Ted Tyler of Coolrunning. Hope the folks running the full have thawed out by now. Here's a couple random pics, chosen because #1609 seems to be employing the best of Sport Jester's techniques.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Yep- was rough yesterday....went from planning for a BQ to a pulled calf at 19...didn't really believe it til 20 and then tried again and again to run, straight legged, sideways (I looked really weird trying it)- to no avail. Limped across the finish line. But, I finished. It was cold and then I drove home 2 hours in my wet gear (not very bright)...still can't believe it's over.
        Did anyone else notice that their chip time and gun time were exactly the same? I was nowhere near the front at the start and it took me almost 2 minutes to reach the starting mat. My time was not so hot anyway so it really doesn't matter much, but it is odd. Glad I only did the half because it would have been tough running in the rain. As it was it seemed to actually get colder towards the end. What kind of water were they serving? It sure smelled odd. I am glad I ran. A real thrill seeing Frank Shorter and Bill Rodgers in person!
          It was very cool to see lots of "celebs" and to run with the Hoyts for a bit- very inspiring (to say the least!!!) and I had heard that Hyannis can be misery or it can be a t-shirt run, so being the optimist, I kept holding out for 50s and breezy! Chalk it up to a tough training run and bring on the spring, calf healed Smile I haven't even looked at my time yet Undecided
          Blisters

Yes, I noticed that maybe 1/4-1/3 of the times had the same chip time as gun time, mine included. Perhaps one segment of the starting mats malfunctioned. I also had heard a complaint about the water. I took water at the first stop but took gatorade at each subsequent one. I wonder if that was why I felt queasy early on. Turned out to be a great day to run for those doing the 10k or the half. For those doing the full, the pain of embarking on the lonely second loop was added to by the wind and rain. Congrats on finishing the full, PilatesRunner, despite the calf.

Flat footer

Tons of Hyannis photos by Ted Tyler of Coolrunning. Hope the folks running the full have thawed out by now. Here's a couple random pics, chosen because #1609 seems to be employing the best of Sport Jester's techniques.
              How the heck did you know that was me Ed????!!!!??? You're freaking me out!

Flat footer

Gummy -- it looks like you had pretty respectable time. I am running the New Bedford Half on Mar 15th and hoping to bag a 1:59:59 or better...but If I end up with a 2:02 (like you did in Hyannis), I think Ill be happy..... Good run...
                Well I was trying to break 2 hours but my IB has been bothering me lately. I ran the whole race in pain. I was really hurting on Monday. But I made it with a respectable time. Julie that sucks about your leg. Its all over though and you finished! Awesome! Here's a pic of me and some of my team mates hanging with Bill Rodgers...
                  How the heck did you know that was me Ed????!!!!??? You're freaking me out!
                  No way! I plucked them out at random, but my stalker-senses WERE tingling when I looked at those pics. My skillz must be more powerful than I thought. Wink

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Flat footer

"random" huh? Roll eyes At least I have someone watching out for me...