I'm bored, tell me something I don't know (Read 1124 times)

You only breathe out of one side of your nose at a time.

I don't know about breathing in, but a simple mirror test proves that this isn't true for breathing out.

MTA: okay, further reading suggests this nasal cycle thing is true for ~80% of population. So maybe I'm the freak. Then again, I have six fingers on my left hand. So...yeah.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

BexKix, Bagel Defender

Gaggle is a group of geese waddling on the ground. And the same group up in the air would be renamed skein.

sugnim

Chickens have ears?

Yes.  You didn't think the rooster was crowing to impress the cows, did you?  Big grin

jules2

10 percent of all human beings ever born are alive at this very moment.

90% of all humans ever born don't care about the above statistic.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

sugnim

Okay, we used to have chickens and I didn't know this.  How about the hen that laid blue-green eggs?

She would have red ears.  That's the Araucana breed that the ear rule doesn't apply to.

Here is a good shot of a blue ear on a bantam silkie chicken:

Wandering Wally

Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Mostly harmless

True Fact: Sugnim knows more about chicken ears than everyone else here. Combined!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

lagwagon

ND

LRB

The statement "In God We Trust" was added to the $5 bill in 1964. The phrase that was previously featured on $5 bills, "Will Pay To The Bearer On Demand," was also removed and replaced with "This Note Is Legal Tender For All Debts Public and Private."

My sister has a $5 bill from her birth year, that has the old statement.

Walk-Jogger

Bars brand Head Gasket Fix will immediately clog your heater core, so you have no heater or defroster. I just found this out...

Retired &  Loving It

Tiefsa

Home plate on a baseball field is 17 inches wide.

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

Hashing started in Malaysia. St G save us some beer!

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

Wandering Wally

At a hockey game the spare pucks are kept frozen.  Once pucks warm up, they bounce around.  Every so often the ref will switch the game puck out for a frozen one and stick the warm one back in the bucket full of shaved ice if it hasn't gone over the glass and into the crowd.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I don't know about breathing in, but a simple mirror test proves that this isn't true for breathing out.

MTA: okay, further reading suggests this nasal cycle thing is true for ~80% of population. So maybe I'm the freak. Then again, I have six fingers on my left hand. So...yeah.

I thought Inigo Montoya got you.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

xor

When milk goes bad, it turns thick and seems to try to solidify.

When lettuce and potatoes go bad, they turn to liquid.