On asphalt. Hillier than the Monkey. Maybe even hillier than Flying Pig. (Read 1384 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh My.  Awesome!  And new Smile

Actually, total elevation change seems about the same as Monkey, but it is almost all in the first half and spread over fewer taller climbs.

http://blueridgeparkwaymarathon.com/marathon/

Jill_B

I fly.

Have you signed up yet?

Bring it on.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Very tempting.  Very very tempting.  Same day as CMM tho.

The pictures certainly are tempting. 

Wonder how they closed down the Blue Ridge Parkway for those runners.  I also think I found Riggs's brother on the 10th picture in the gallery.

Best Present Ever

goodness.  and funny I should first hear of it here, since it's near-ish to me ...

I'll bet they don't close down the Parkway.  None of the non-urban races in these parts is on closed roads. 

great climbs, but who ever said the Flying Pig was hilly? (especially as compared with the Monkey)

Get off my porch

xor

great climbs, but who ever said the Flying Pig was hilly? (especially as compared with the Monkey)

This is an in-joke reference to a thread from last week claiming that The Pig was one of the hardest marathons out there. 

Of course, most of us who have run a few of them do not believe this.

As for Blue Ridge, same day as CMM.  Interesting... too bad it is a weekend offering up lots of great choices already.

Imminent Catastrophe

Whoa. Looks nice. Let's see...run an Elite race or Blue Ridge Parkway...so hard to decide.

Not!

Flying Pig isn't that hilly BTW. Just one hill.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

This is an in-joke reference to a thread from last week claiming that The Pig was one of the hardest marathons out there. 

I gotta stop taking Trent seriously.

You been on sabbatical SRL?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

who ever said the Flying Pig was hilly? (especially as compared with the Monkey)

As Stevie Ray pointed out, BearcatRunner said so: "not many marathons are as tough as the Flying PIG".  And elsewhere in that same thread, he asked to be jabbed.  I am happy to oblige.

Wink

xor

I gotta stop taking Trent seriously.

Something like that, yes.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'd imagine the big political / healthcare thread that has been festering here for the past few days has kept him away.  He is a wise man.

xor

Whoa. Looks nice. Let's see...run an Elite race or Blue Ridge Parkway...so hard to decide.

heh.  Well, it is also the same day as the Kentucky Derby Marathon and the day before OKC... two races I really want to return to.  And I was thinking about CMM too.  Now there's this...  not gonna be as easy a choice for me.

For awhile, we thought Eugene was gonna be this weekend too, but they pulled a big "psyche" on us and put it on the following weekend.

Eugene, Oregon? 

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

xor

Eugene, Oregon? 

Yes.  The land of Eugenics Smile

(sorry, folks, another in-joke from a thread last week)