RnR Las Vegas: worst kept secret ever (Read 387 times)

xor

I'm not a huge fan of Elite Racing (the Rock N Roll races), but they are ok. However, I am actually quite excited about this one, because the prior organization really screwed stuff up in a place that should be able to host a fun race. Here's what I posted elsewhere: One of the most unsecret secrets is now official - the December Las Vegas Marathon will now be an Elite-managed RnR event. It'll be on 12/6/09, and if you sign up within the next few days, use code '21' to get 21 bucks off. A few things to note: 1. They've buried in their FAQ that the course will be DIFFERENT, but as is typical for Elite, they have not said what the course will be. The start/finish at Mandalay Bay will be the same. No other details have been released. My bet is that they keep the strip, but don't bet the house (ha) on it. 2. As the rnr veterans all know, with an rnr race, you get a cheap ass white t-shirt. For the first time that I've seen, the FAQ sez you will get a technical shirt for running RNR LV. Though I could care less about the shirts these days, I find that interesting. I wonder if Elite will change this system-wide. 3. Zappos is back as a sponsor after giving Devine a big middle finger last year. Ok, then. They have not announced what, if any, new heavy medal combination will exist with this newest option. Enjoy! http://www.rnrvegas.com/