Smell the roses (Read 392 times)

My legs are killing me

I think a lot of us are so focused on achieving a distance or a time goal we really don't take a step back and enjoy or even marvel at what we've accomplished. 2008 was the year of my first marathon (NYC) and as soon as it was over I was already thinking of my next one. I guess it's what makes a lot of us tick. Yesterday it finally hit me what I've done. A couple of years ago I was a 195 couch potato getting fatter and weaker by the day. Yesterday, I was at the gym lifting weights and running an easy 6 miles (who would have thunk 6 miles and easy would be in the same sentence), when I went to change in the locker room I noticed one of those motavation pictures with the sayings on it. This one was different though. It was a picture of runners crossing the Verrazano Bridge to start the NYC marathon with the motavational phrase under it. I looked at it and thought "I've done that" and a big smile hit my face. Wow. I really DID do that! Imagine that, a picture of a race that I completed there on the gym wall to motavate other people. Pretty cool stuff. Ok now on to the next race!

Maggie & Molly

cool

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Slo

Congrats......to both you and Cherrie. I had to laugh when I read your "easy 6". New Years eve morn ( that just doesn't make sense) I came in from my run.......my 220lb brother was there and said......"Good run ?" "Yep" I said......"Just a nice easy 8 miler" About spitting out his coffee....."There's not a damn thing that sounds easy about 8 miles......even on a bike !" I just laughed.......told him I'd be up for another 2 if he wanted to join me. Don't lose the perspective of your accomplishment.......mastering your own will is the biggest achievement of all.

Why is it sideways?

Nice work, sully.