Default Activity For GPS Upload (Read 494 times)

Is there a way to change the default activity from running to something else when uploading Garmin data? I've been able to change my default activity in the Manage My Activities page, but it doesn't seem to effect when I' uploading the data. Thanks in advance.
    eric :)

jbye12,

I don't know if it's a good idea to import your workouts as default activity.  The workouts have a field that specifies whether they're run, bike or other.  The importer will always import run and bike as such.  As for other, I suppose I could assign other to your default activity if the default is not run or bike.  I need to think this through.  I would also like to hear your thoughts on this as well.

eric :-)

an amazing likeness

I think quite a few folks use "other" on the Forerunner as sort of the "just logging miles" setting.  I do.  I have the run settings on the Forerunner all setup for what I want in a race -- things like auto-lap, displays, etc.  Then for every day, I use the "other" setting another set of screens and settings.  (for example, who cares about time of day when in a race, but I use in the "other" settings).

This means that about 99.8% of my entries are "other" from the Forerunner.  I'd like to have them be auto-assigned to my default RA activity.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I think it would be nice if RA was responsible for deciding what the activity type of a GPS upload is if it is of type "other" on the watch. It would save a lot of time when saving a group of entries because the user wouldn't have to go into each one and change the activity type before they save it. Then when the seasons change, the user can change the activity of "other" to something else.