2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

Fletch

Today was a weight training day, but I got in a mile on the treadmill to warm up before my workout...and to keep the streak alive. 2 days left. I'm already nearly 5 miles above my December goal of 105, with a 5 mile speed workout planned in the morning.

cjervin

Still going -- 4.9 miles in -2 degree temperature (I think wind chill was -a billion) to extend the streak to 34 days and 155 miles.

I'm not going to hit the mileage goal, but I should surpass highest 2014 monthly total.  Shortest run has been 2.1 miles as all my runs have been outside and it seemed like a waste to get all geared up for the cold and then stop at a mile.

Just a few more days -- good luck everyone!

CT JEFF

woke with a sore throat. stayed inside on the  TM. New phone. Started downloading apps. Nike+ has accelerometer. That was nice find.

3.0 miles

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Joann Y

So who has the highest, minimum run?  2.0 for me (several times).

Got to be jpdeaux with 8, no?

haroldjiii

run, rest & read

Failed on my streak, but happy with the 27 days I got and got my highest monthly mileage goal. Will end the year with a 5k run with my father and both my sisters. A very rare treat for me as I live so far from home. This has definitely given me a new perspective on running streaks, but I noticed it was a little tougher to get in my strength and mobility routines with the daily running. I'll  see how it goes after my return to Taiwan in the new year, but I can see more of these in my future. Thanks to all for the motivation. I might not be a frequent poster, but I appreciated the daily kick by looking at what others were doing.

DavePNW

Dave

Joann Y

Since there won't be time tonight, I got up at 5:40am to run 8 miles in order to complete my mileage goal for December. Oof, running in the morning is rough. Anyway, 181 miles done.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ojo

Happy to report that I exceeded my predicted December miles -- finished strong with 213 miles.

Happy New Year Streakers!  Congratulations for making it through the month! 

Sara

MM #2929

Happy New Year! Our festivities begin in half an hour and I won't be able to update the table until tomorrow night.

I surpassed my Dec. mileage goal with 4 km on the TM today.

Congratulations to so many of you who made the streak...Ojo, Joann Y, Jancika...my hats off to you guys and the rest of the streakers who will polish off December in style!!

My streak did not survive the holidays, ended up with a wobbly last two weeks missing 4 days total.  However, that was on the heels of a 40 day streak so I'm feeling good about starting the new year off strong.  Ran 16 this morning for a December with 239 miles.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My streak continues indefinitely. Better yet, I will meet my December mileage goal (230 miles) tonight as DD and I do the first 10K half of the Last Run/First series.  First Run will lead off 2015 tomorrow.  We get beer, pretzels, and a crazy big medal for doing these. Smile

Congrats to all the streakers!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

No where near my goal with 110.7 for December.

steph  

jpdeaux

So who has the highest, minimum run?  2.0 for me (several times).

Got to be jpdeaux with 8, no?

I wish. Just noticed Thanksgiving Day was 3.7. And I also had a 7.3 in there too. But December is all +8, so that makes me happy.

Now if I can only do at least 8 today...and tomorrow.

Joann Y

I wish. Just noticed Thanksgiving Day was 3.7. And I also had a 7.3 in there too. But December is all +8, so that makes me happy.

Now if I can only do at least 8 today...and tomorrow.

You may still have it at 3.7. Not that I checked or anything.