Pain On Knee (Read 538 times)

frankaarthur

I hurst my knee about 2 weeks ago, while trying to get back into running. The pain is located right beneath the knee cap and to the right. I took about 1 week off from running and started too feel better with time , but this week ended up doing a 5K run and about 1 1/2 miles into the run the pain came right back and at the 2 miile marker I had to stop and start walking because of the pain I could not even bend my knee because it hurt. I have been using ice and pain relievers which is helping me.My questions to your experience runners should I see a doctor or rest more from running.

Old, Slow, Happy

I've got runnesr knee too. Mine is caused by my method of stretching my quads, I think. There are many possible causes. It sounds like you should be sure you have the right shoes and that they are not worn out. I'm not sure how much running you have done in the past, but I think you're first step is to go to a good running store, have them check your stride and recommend some shoes for you. Good Luck!!