Mill Cities anyone? (Read 421 times)

uncontrollable

Good times tomorrow! Starting in Nashua NH & finishing in Lawrence MA! Relay madness!

peace

I haven't run MCR before, I'll be running the second leg for Greater Lowell's Touch of Gray or None team (bib #163). I'm definitely the weakest link on this team, I'm just gonna try not to embarrass myself. Good luck!

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

PDoe

Hi Ed, It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday. Although the weather could have gotten worse, I prefer a little snow on the ground to frigid temperatures. I'm happy and proud to report that despite having an old f*ck like me on the team the Scholastic Athletic Supporters won the co-ed open division! My wife couldn't understand what I meant when I said we won a brick. She thought I was using some kind of runner's lingo. Nope, won a brick. Hope to see you around. Paul
          It was great meeting you Paul, and congrats on your win! I didn't run the last leg, but mine was the anchor leg. As in boat anchor that the others had to drag along. I wish I had a better day, but I guess it's good to be thoroughly humbled every once in a while. The party was great fun, what a mob scene. In addition to meeting you, I got to say hello once again to Kelly (MissPratt). Gotta love that you get to see pretty much all the faces you know from all the area races, before they go into hibernation. See you at the Boston Prep?

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

PDoe

I'll be there but not running. Most likely directing cars at the parking lot or course worker. I'll keep an eye out though.
              Ran leg 3 (2.5 miles) for the Shamrock running club in the Masters division. Was a lot of fun. Great post-race party where I got to meet a lot of great runners. I did feel bad for thre Leg 1 runners, though. That's when the streets were the most slippery. I can't believe how fast some of these runners are and how easy they make it look.

Ran leg 3 (2.5 miles) for the Shamrock running club in the Masters division.
                I told Mr. Feeney "you'll be pleased to know I ran like crap today for Greater Lowell." He got a good laugh out of it, at least some good came of my misery. If you don't introduce yourself next time George, I'll have Firefighter Bob point you out and I'll give you a ration of crap. Big grin

E.J.