Doping question (Read 1858 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Would it be nice if we could somehow remove genetic physical disadvantage in sports?

I'd certainly be a lot happier knowing that the guy who beat me in my last race just trained harder / wanted it more.

Then of course, maybe being able to "want it more" is itself a genetic advantage.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

mikeymike

Would it be nice if we could somehow remove genetic physical disadvantage in sports?

Wouldn't that mean removing genetic physical advantages also? That would be awful and boring. A world without Usain Bolt or Calvin Johnson or Clayton Kershaw etc. is no world I'd want to live in.

Runners run

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Wouldn't that mean removing genetic physical advantages also?

That isn't necessary.  But then in the resulting system every sprinter would have the same physical advantages as Usain Bolt.  You would probably never realize it, though -- since it would be the new  norm.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

forloveofrun

spam
          Running Problem

Problem Child

if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. Once’s you’re at the top you’ll find out just how low people will stoop to bring you down to their level to prevent you from succeeding.

way to necro an 8 year old thread.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

mikeymike

way to necro an 8 year old thread.

Technically it's an 11-year-old thread that was last necro'd 8 years ago.

Fun trip down memory lane though. Damn, I've wasted a lot of time on this dumb website.

Runners run